Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Looking for clarity on whats involved/recommended, installing Rinehart true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 PM
seathop
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for clarity on whats involved/recommended, installing Rinehart true duals?

I have a 2010 FLHTCU. It's completely stock. My wish list is endless but, first things first. My wife and I are tired of the stock exhaust, it's time to make it sound like a Harley! I've been checking out my options and decided on the 4" Rinehart True Duals. This is where things get foggy for me.What else do I need when I bring it to the shop to have them installed? I'm not sure what the tuner (I think thats what it's called) is all about. Do I need one? What is it? Who makes them? Are they bike specific? Does Rinehart sell a tuner specifically for their exhaust? My understanding is the new exhaust will need more air to perform, I'm foggy on the air filter changes I need to make. I want to have all the correct stuff when I take it in. Any stories on your experience with how your true duals were installed and how you like them would help me.
Thanks

Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 PM
seathop
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Update

I feel like a dope for posting the above post.
I wonder how many people rolled their eyes after reading it " another guy asking what kind of exhaust etc.........."
I've only have 6 posts under my belt. When I reviewed my previous post from 13 months ago, I realized I asked the same question in a different way shortly after I got the bike. Just goes to show I've had CHANGE YOUR EXHAUST PIPES on the brain for 13 months!!!!!!
After reading alot of posts on the subject I'm glad I didn't jump into anything right away. I checked out the Fuel Moto site and learned alot. I take pride in doing things myself and just wanted to say I'm doing what I should've done prior to posting, reading, learning and making my own decisions based on personal preferences. Sorry, I won't be dopey anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, where do we start?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Want a nice sound for a bagger? Get some Rush slashdown slip-ons with a 2.5" baffle. Had them on my Classic & loved 'em. I just bought a 103 Ltd Ultra, and did Rinehart True Duals. I'm kinda wishing I'd have saved a whole bunch of money & just did the Rush again. They're OK, but doesn't sound (yet) like it's worth all the extra cash. Plus, the true duals are hotter than blazes. Seems like it's still way too lean, even after my 1K service, but I'll try to have it tuned again. Knowing what I know now, though, I might have just done the Rush again.