Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Turning a Stock 88ci into a 103ci or 110ci?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingofcubes
I like the tighter port heads for something like this, we redo a lot of S&S heads and the first thing we find when we weld and cnc port them is they get more torque much quicker when we tighten up the ports. The next thing is they cool down. An example is my 113" S&S that went from 100 T&H to 125 T&H and cooled down the oil 20-25 degrees. The 5th gear dyno pull went from 8 seconds to mid 5's. You can do this same thing with the stock heads (weld and cnc port). This will pull the trailer better than a lot of cubes with big ports and valves.

You "WELD" and "CNC PORT" heads in house????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

Old 07-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Kingofcubes
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecyclecom
You "WELD" and "CNC PORT" heads in house????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????
No, I leave that to the master!
www.rrcycles.com

Old 07-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 822 Likes on 587 Posts

Should have suspected that type of reply.
Carry on. Smoke 'em if you've got 'em.
Out.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:16 AM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lots of different ideas, sure do appreciate everyones input im looking at doing the mods this winter when the snow flys. Have a friend who just sent his heads to hillside will get to see how they turned out soon and start getting more serious about what direction i will go!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace out

Old 07-28-2009, 05:39 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by comaman2
lots of different ideas, sure do appreciate everyones input im looking at doing the mods this winter when the snow flys. Have a friend who just sent his heads to hillside will get to see how they turned out soon and start getting more serious about what direction i will go!!!!!!!!!!!!! peace out
little over 1k miles on my little old 98 inch budget build

I liked the idea of having a knowlegeable shop with the ability to do everything in house take care of my setup. Then there's no finger pointing if something happens, like heads sent to the customer that havent been worked over, or heads improperly set up for the selected cam. Not pointing any fingers here KOC/R&R
Ill continue to spend my dough with Scott and the crew up at Hillside. They dont have a million dollar website, or a paid mouthpiece that sits on the forum all day. But there work is top notch, period.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 PM
comaman2
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanl
little over 1k miles on my little old 98 inch budget build

I liked the idea of having a knowlegeable shop with the ability to do everything in house take care of my setup. Then there's no finger pointing if something happens, like heads sent to the customer that havent been worked over, or heads improperly set up for the selected cam. Not pointing any fingers here KOC/R&R
Ill continue to spend my dough with Scott and the crew up at Hillside. They dont have a million dollar website, or a paid mouthpiece that sits on the forum all day. But there work is top notch, period.
I am hearing you loud and clear,i may just crate the motor up and have them do the build then i will reinstall.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:55 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now that sounds like a plan......

Old 08-22-2023, 09:05 PM
jheeger24
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
Not to be a wise guy, but the caliber of custom built 117-124" builds that we are refering to will pull a dealer-built 103" down the road.............backwards!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott
can you please give a list of what I need to give me an idea? I’ll be doing the labor at work. Just have to send off the heads for porting and anything else needed. Do I need a bigger tb or just injector? I only have exhaust and a thundermax tuner right now but I’d like to go up to the 117ci or bigger but want some longevity. Street able power but also plan to drag race with coworkers next season. Please and thank you!