Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

2007 road glide starts and shuts off immediately

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2024 | 01:33 PM
The Dyson
|
Novice
Default 2007 road glide starts and shuts off immediately

2007 street glide with road glide conversion kit
96 CI motor fuel injected.

​​​

What's up. Hoping to get some help on a running issue. I just got a 2007 street glide with a road glide conversion and having issues with keeping it running. It'll start and die immediately. Sometimes it'll run for 5 to 10 seconds and shut off. Before it shuts off it idles high and low like a misfire/fuel starvation if it does run for 5 seconds. It did run before the check valve replacement and taking off the front fairing.

AIl codes will erase except for PO118 PN32515-07.
I assume the excess of codes could also be a wiring short? Making me think something in the fairing isn't pulled in?

​​ I got the bike last week, had a leaking check valve so replaced that and it doesn't stay running now. No leaks in fuel assembly and everything is hooked up properly 100%. I've been thru the leaking lines and leaky FPR in the tank on a previous bike so I know this is hooked up correct.

Cleaned 02 sensors since they were black, cleaned spark plugs since they were black and fresh gas in tank.

While waiting on the check valve, I took the cowling off the front fairing and not sure if I disconnected something or if it even matters with front fairing on or off. I only disconnected the lights.
Its throwing a lot of codes for heat sensor, O2 sensors and more in diag mode. I cleaned the o2 sensors, checked for spark and there is spark.

Could an o ring on the fuel line connecting the line to the check valve be an issue? It looks dry rotted........

​​​​​Also not sure where the small yellow and white wires go that are attached from the headlight. ( I'll figure out in time, but wanted some insight if someone has any because I have my work cut out for me in this bike)
Thank you for any input.

I attached pictures of the codes so maybe someone can help if they had similar issues.

​​​​​​

Last edited by The Dyson; 10-07-2024 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2024 | 06:18 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

While it looks like your fairing wiring is crap, it's probably not the probelm.

P0118 ET Sensor High

You need to fix this first. Wires or sensor..

Old 10-11-2024 | 06:25 PM
The Dyson
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
While it looks like your fairing wiring is crap, it's probably not the probelm.

P0118 ET Sensor High

You need to fix this first. Wires or sensor..
I haven't wired anything in fairing. Fixing/figuring out previous owners work.

Temp sensor replaced yesterday - Did not change anything other than I have 0 codes now

Old 10-11-2024 | 07:47 PM
paulmedford
Road Captain

check fuel pressure

Old 10-11-2024 | 07:48 PM
paulmedford
Road Captain

did anyone change the ecm/tssm?

Old Yesterday | 07:18 AM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member

If it runs for 5-10 seconds it is not a password learn issue. Your post says it ran fine before the fuel check valve replacement. Unhook and rehook the line to the tank. If no joy check the fuel pressure with a gauge.

Old Yesterday | 08:12 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Dyson
I haven't wired anything in fairing. Fixing/figuring out previous owners work.

Temp sensor replaced yesterday - Did not change anything other than I have 0 codes now
I assumed you didn't do the wiring and it was from previous owner.

As the others say next thing is fuel pressure. One thing you can do is listen to the fuel pump. It should run for about 4 seconds at key/ignition on. You should also hear it run for a few seconds after the motor quits. If not it may be flakey system relay.. IIRC they will throw a code.

Check for codes in TSSM.. Maybe the security light is not functioning.

It could also be the fuel line going to the injectors. The ***** in the quick connect can wear into the groove on the line and cut fuel flow.. You can try pushing up on the connection to see if it helps.

Old Yesterday | 08:14 AM
Garage666
Road Master

Fuel filter/system?

Old Yesterday | 09:44 AM
The Dyson
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Ed Ramberger
If it runs for 5-10 seconds it is not a password learn issue. Your post says it ran fine before the fuel check valve replacement. Unhook and rehook the line to the tank. If no joy check the fuel pressure with a gauge.
Indeed. It was leaking from the check valve so that's why I replaced that. And now it won't start even for a second without juicing it. I'm getting ready to start working on it today. Ill probably be on it all day cause this is bothering me so any more thoughts would be appreciated. I've disconnected the fuel line multiple times and it seems like it's popped in place good. The fuel line pressurizes and pump runs well. Even put the pump from my heritage in and no difference. I don't have a fuel pressure connector for the check valve so it might be a couple days before I can do that. I'll either have to find someone I can borrow from or order online. Going to to pull the IAC and tps to see.

Old Yesterday | 09:46 AM
The Dyson
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Garage666
Fuel filter/system?
Fuel system seems good. Put in new pump from heritage to eliminate poor flow and also has a new Fuel pressure regulator and there's no leaks inside the tank.

Quick Reply: 2007 road glide starts and shuts off immediately