Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Kit stage III (29893-07B) with cnc ported heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 01:39 PM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kit stage III (29893-07B) with cnc ported heads

Hi!

I order for my fxdf 09 this kit se 103 (29893-07B), and I also going to order the CNC ported heads 16500013A.
I want to know if the correct gasket for the combo its de 0.3 stock one, or I will need the 0.45 for the correct compression of th combo.
It also possible use the stock exhaust only changin my pipes?
thanks!

The following users liked this post:
60Gunner (04-09-2022)
Old 12-26-2019, 10:52 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Hi!

I order for my fxdf 09 this kit se 103 (29893-07B), and I also going to order the CNC ported heads 16500013A. I want to know if the correct gasket for the combo its de 0.3 stock one, or I will need the 0.45 for the correct compression of the combo. It also possible use the stock exhaust only changing my pipes? thanks!
Do you have access to a competent tuner in your area? You need some form of fuel management to get the most from this upgrade. If you don't have access to a dyno tuner, consider purchasing the Vance and Hines FP3. Go the V&H website and check it out. V&H can pre-program the tuner with a base map that should be close to your combination of parts and the FP3 will allow you to fine tune with the auto tune feature; not as good as a dyno tune but a decent tune. If you do have access to a dyno tuner, find out what fuel management system he uses and go with that. Bottom line; you need to tune the new motor.

If you have access to a dyno tuner, use the .030" head gasket; if not the .045". The .030" head gasket is going to set CCP at about 200psi which will require compression releases. The .045" head gasket will set CCP at about 195psi which would benefit from compression releases which will extend starter and battery life. The heads you are considering purchasing come drilled and threaded for auto compression releases (ACRs) so you may need the plugs to close the holes or purchase and install the ACRs; you already have the wiring, just need to connect and activate.

The following 2 users liked this post by djl:
1 2 many (12-28-2019), MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 11:30 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djl
Do you have access to a competent tuner in your area? You need some form of fuel management to get the most from this upgrade. If you don't have access to a dyno tuner, consider purchasing the Vance and Hines FP3. Go the V&H website and check it out. V&H can pre-program the tuner with a base map that should be close to your combination of parts and the FP3 will allow you to fine tune with the auto tune feature; not as good as a dyno tune but a decent tune. If you do have access to a dyno tuner, find out what fuel management system he uses and go with that. Bottom line; you need to tune the new motor.

If you have access to a dyno tuner, use the .030" head gasket; if not the .045". The .030" head gasket is going to set CCP at about 200psi which will require compression releases. The .045" head gasket will set CCP at about 195psi which would benefit from compression releases which will extend starter and battery life. The heads you are considering purchasing come drilled and threaded for auto compression releases (ACRs) so you may need the plugs to close the holes or purchase and install the ACRs; you already have the wiring, just need to connect and activate.

​​​I have the se pro tuner, but here no acces to the dyno. I dont know the gasket wich comes in the 103 kit. I think ITs better option the 0.45 in my case.
I also Will buy the ACR and the wire kit.
i think ITs a good upgrade for my Rider
Thanks!

Buster (01-05-2020)
Old 12-26-2019, 02:36 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

​​​I have the se pro tuner, but here no acces to the dyno. I dont know the gasket wich comes in the 103 kit. I think ITs better option the 0.45 in my case. I also Will buy the ACR and the wire kit. i think ITs a good upgrade for my Rider. Thanks!
Pretty sure the .045" head gasket comes with the kit.

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....1?locale=en_US

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...-question.html

If you have the latest SE Pro Street Tuner it has the Smart Tune feature. Since you are using all HD parts there should be a base map in the HD list of calibrations that you can load as a "break in" tune then use the Smart tune feature to fine tune.

Last edited by djl; 12-26-2019 at 02:39 PM.
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE (12-26-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 03:11 PM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

[QUOTE = djl; 18759973] Bastante seguro de que la junta de culata de .045 "viene con el kit.

Https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/240841?locale=en_US

https: //www.hdforums .com / forum / electric-lighting-alarm / 1105257-acr-automatic-compression-release-cableado-question.html

Si tiene el último SE Pro Street Tuner, tiene la función Smart Tune, ya que está utilizando todas las piezas HD allí debe ser un mapa base en la lista de alta definición de las calibraciones que se pueden cargar como una "ruptura de" sintonizar a continuación, utilizar la función de sintonía inteligente para afinar. [/ quote]

My se pro its the 32109-08B, i dont know if this one can do it.
What you think about change the push rods? 18402-03 it will be the correct ones? Also SE.

thanks

Old 12-26-2019, 04:10 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

My se pro its the 32109-08B, i dont know if this one can do it. What you think about change the push rods? 18402-03 it will be the correct ones? Also SE.
thanks
I think 32109-08B does have the Smart Tune feature; you need the cables and software to tune.

Why pushrods? You are not changing cams and using the .045" head gasket so the valve train stack up height remains the same. The 18402-03 pushrods are Perfect Fit and -.030" in length; they will rattle. Use your stock pushrods or replace with adjustable HD PN 18404-08.

Old 12-26-2019, 04:20 PM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

[CITA = djl; 18760118] Creo que 32109-08B tiene la función Smart Tune; necesita los cables y el software para sintonizar.

¿Por qué varillas de empuje? No está cambiando las levas y utilizando la junta de culata de .045 "para que la altura de apilamiento del tren de válvulas permanezca igual. Las varillas de empuje 18402-03 tienen un ajuste perfecto y una longitud de -.030"; ellos traquetearán. Use sus varillas de empuje de valores o reemplazar con ajustable HD PN 18404-08. [/ Quote]

ok i will left my stock ones.
My last doubt is with the exhaust, I like the tommy gun style form the stock.
Its necesary change it? or maybe just change the slips on mufflers.
or maybe remove the ctatalyst from the stock heads

thanks and excuse my english!

Old 12-27-2019, 09:28 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

[QUOTE=MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE;18760133
ok i will left my stock ones. My last doubt is with the exhaust, I like the tommy gun style form the stock. Its necesary change it? or maybe just change the slips on mufflers.
or maybe remove the ctatalyst from the stock heads. thanks and excuse my english![/QUOTE]

'09 head pipe does not have a catalytic converter. If you like the stock exhast, keep it. If you want a different sound and more flow, replace the slip on mufflers with something from V&H, Rinehart or another aftermarket vendor.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:51 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

[COTIZACIÓN = djl; 18761358] La tubería de cabeza '09 no tiene un convertidor catalítico. Si le gusta la acción de exhalar, consérvela. Si quieres un sonido diferente y un mayor flujo, reemplace el resbalón en silenciadores con algo de V & H, Rinehart u otro proveedor del mercado de accesorios. [/ Quote]

Great! Now my stock mufflers are empty. But I like the V&H slips on for my model, maybe Im gonna that way. Thank for all!
when the job its finish I will post some pics!

Buster (01-05-2020)
Old 01-05-2020, 06:17 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djl
I think 32109-08B does have the Smart Tune feature; you need the cables and software to tune.

Why pushrods? You are not changing cams and using the .045" head gasket so the valve train stack up height remains the same. The 18402-03 pushrods are Perfect Fit and -.030" in length; they will rattle. Use your stock pushrods or replace with adjustable HD PN 18404-08.
hello

watchin se catalog I see two tables that i dont undertand. In the catalog 2012 says that the correct pushrod perfect fits its 18400-03 ( stock size) for CNC ported heads & stock, but this change since 2015 catalog too the 18402-03 (-.030)
They will change something?
I want the perfect fit, but Im not sure wich one use, I think the correct one is the 18400-03 kit. The adjustable pushrods from SE are a good option, if I in the future want a change of cams? Any issues with the adjustable kit?
thanks

Last edited by MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE; 01-05-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Kit stage III (29893-07B) with cnc ported heads