Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Kit stage III (29893-07B) with cnc ported heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 06:56 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see this other post, talking about this configuration.
so the kit 22144-08B can be used with the cnc heads and the se 585 cams right?

thanks

Old 07-11-2020, 07:03 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

[CITA = djl; 19252878] Ahora estoy confundido. Su publicación original decía que compró el kit 28893-07B y los cabezales con puerto CNC que tienen cámaras de 85cc en stock. Ese kit viene con levas SE255 y pistones planos superiores. No sé lo que está haciendo ahora, pero sé que no debe instalar pistones 10.5: 1 de alta compresión con cabezales CNC y levas SE585; compresión será demasiado alto. [/ quote]

I see this other post, talking about this configuration.
so the kit 22144-08B can be used with the cnc heads and the se 585 cams right?

thanks

Old 07-11-2020, 10:01 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,221 Likes on 1,607 Posts

Originally Posted by MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
I see this other post, talking about this configuration. so the kit 22144-08B can be used with the cnc heads and the se 585 cams right?
thanks
If you will note in my post referenced in your last post, I was not enthusiastically supporting the combination of the 22144-08B pistons, CNC ported heads and SE585 cams. I also noted that combination was pushing the compression envelope for a tunable street build; that is still my opinion. You do not have access to a dyno tuner and will have to tune using the Smart Tune feature of the SEPST which puts you even more at a disadvantage.

I suggest that you install the Stage III kit you have as it comes out of the box and tune it as best you can; it will be a great improvement over stock. However, you seem determined to go another way. It's your bike and that decision is yours but I do not think it a good idea which I also indicated in my post that you have made reference to. The choice is yours; I don't think I can help you any more but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

The following users liked this post:
eighteight (07-13-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 10:32 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djl
If you will note in my post referenced in your last post, I was not enthusiastically supporting the combination of the 22144-08B pistons, CNC ported heads and SE585 cams. I also noted that combination was pushing the compression envelope for a tunable street build; that is still my opinion. You do not have access to a dyno tuner and will have to tune using the Smart Tune feature of the SEPST which puts you even more at a disadvantage.

I suggest that you install the Stage III kit you have as it comes out of the box and tune it as best you can; it will be a great improvement over stock. However, you seem determined to go another way. It's your bike and that decision is yours but I do not think it a good idea which I also indicated in my post that you have made reference to. The choice is yours; I don't think I can help you any more but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Im going to install my kit. I just only want your opinion, I apreciated your advices, and I understand your explications.
Sorry for ask too much, I dont have here Many people yo ask this doubts.
As you say, Whithout Dyno or a good technical here, the way to go for me ITs the first idea.
Again thanks and regards

Old 07-11-2020, 10:57 AM
djl
HDF Community Team

Glad to help out; I do think that is the right decision. Let us know how it turns out and good luck.

Old 10-05-2020, 07:55 AM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djl
Glad to help out; I do think that is the right decision. Let us know how it turns out and good luck.
Hello again.

We are finishing the job. I have a doubt with my exhaust configuration. I keep the oringinal 2:1:2 Tommy gun and the stock pipes. The Cat its removed and we also removed the stock baffles.
Now Im thinking to insert some dk customs tti or install the 2" baffles from Rush. What do you think about?
Thanks

Old 10-05-2020, 03:03 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Hello again. We are finishing the job. I have a doubt with my exhaust configuration. I keep the oringinal 2:1:2 Tommy gun and the stock pipes. The Cat its removed and we also removed the stock baffles. Now Im thinking to insert some dk customs tti or install the 2" baffles from Rush. What do you think about? Thanks
I don't see much difference either way keeping the original exhaust if one or the other, I would go with the DK Customs TTI.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:12 PM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by djl
I don't see much difference either way keeping the original exhaust if one or the other, I would go with the DK Customs TTI.
Yesterday a friend show me the khrome werks 3 hp-plus slips-on. They sound great. This pipes maybe work better vs the dk tti in my stock pipes?
Thanks!

Old 11-30-2020, 02:11 PM
eriksweden
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i had these mufflers eight - ten years ago , they make good power after a little tune . A little too loud in my taste .

Old 11-30-2020, 03:02 PM
MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE
Intermediate

Originally Posted by eriksweden
i had these mufflers eight - ten years ago , they make good power after a little tune . A little too loud in my taste .
Thanks!

Well I Will like to know if they Will give more power than using the dk inserts in my stocks. for me the sound of the kW amazing. Its the performance as good?

Last edited by MARCOS BERMUDEZ JORGE; 11-30-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Kit stage III (29893-07B) with cnc ported heads