Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Engine cylinder modding

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 07:49 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Exclamation Engine cylinder modding

Ive learnt alot over past year, ALOT, not by really wanting to,but by other matters,"FORCED LEARNING" No problems with engine modder, but the jerk off who told me he was the "GURU" of Harleys,the local INDY, who installed parts.. and to find out, he called my guy and asked him, IF THE O-RING GOES UNDER THE JUG!!!, JESUS I. COULD OF ANSWERED THAT, low and behold, I threw away a decently "capable" FP3 tuner.that could of gave me a baseline tune, to break in, get thru summer, as I dumped a nut, and next season dyno/better tuner/ these WERE THE PLANS!!, as of 30 tunes by Vance & Hines, they couldn't figure it out,And no fault to them, there good guys, and they really tried to help me as best as they could, they were "seeing" numbers and results, they were not familiar with, so no bashing them, GREAT COMPANY!!,Just limited by tuners capabilities...and thats fine, but I do know of a couple guys happily running 107 $ 110 bikes with that tuner, both happy, just throwing it out there, was im not trying to bash anyone, well the ,local "mechanic" who should stick to fixing generators, and selling KIDS BMX BIKES.... now I had plans obviously to move up, but I just spent well over 10k on 96-107 Bars, Cable, Chrome this and than, switches, you know, if you did it, these bikes, will swallow your wallet, and look at you like, "yea you'll recoup that" Its weird how every 10k, and now were going on the 3rd, right after I spend, I feel great about parts,, bt also feel like I took one for the tea, right in the rooster!!!

Moving on, he had the injector electrical wire on top, BACKWARDS, took the great men at Dynojet, and 3 HOURS, of sitting of phone, while I have m PowerVision, And Taret Tune hook ep and diagnosis, say what you want about this tuner and that, yea maybe others might give me 1-5 hp MIGHT, but I tell you what, can I call the company, and they didnt even sell to me, Fuel Moto did...they just weren't available, its was summer, and every motor guy im sure is busy, moving on, the bike would stall upon starting unless, you gave it some gas and hung onto throttle and goosed it a bit till warm, WEELL I KNEW THIS WASNT RIGHT

BUT THE GUY WHO INSTALLED THESE PARTS, AND I HAVE ON VIDEO, WHEN HE STARTED HE SAT ON BIKE, GOOSED IT A FEW TIMES, THE BLACK SMOKE THAT SHOT OUTTA PIPE WAS ALOT,

Now im just thinking its rich, but what did I know?

I bought a CASE of plugs, as they were fouling up every time I TRIED to take me EXPENSIVE upgraded toy out for a ride, changed every time, UNTILL that nice Dynojet closed loop system, plugs PERFECT...I'm a Believer in my system I run!!!

So he tells, me he ran it to 0-60 ten Times, to set rings, well upon delivery, and driving home, I call Scott, my engine modder,and im like, this motor isn't going over 160!!!!, he asked if they put a oil cooler in. I said no? him being 5 hours away, and me on phone, well, naturally he's limited, were human after all, be great if he could see thru phone, flip them wires around and call it a day,lol,,....so after I figure this out with dynojet, now the motor runs like damm near 300 degrees all the time???I only put about 150 miles on her, until I flipped it around, and it didnt immediately make that temp, that came in a week or so later, I believe when it broke in??/

Ok to the point, I sending my heads in I know its 1.900 on intake, 1.6??? not sure, didnt get a spec sheet on what was done, so I really cant give more than the other than phone convos with, the throttle body was ported, not the front, the rear to 1.710,

So im doing all this research, I see cnc heads with machines, 5 axis's, which im sure pops em out there,Production wise, but no matter. what,seems like they take your heads, and send pre done heads, lots adit to it, other dont, my motor was back at my mechanic in a week 1/2 or so. but my guy did say was perfect timing, on phone before it arrived, this is not about him or this or that, I had great timing to have work done, didn't feel "rushed" or like here kid take a number etc.....

Ive seen thermal coating? hand porting, I saw a guy do on his LEG, , ive seen polishing when done what most of all, ive seen reports of springs/there height/ deck height, its of measurements, that I feel in my current situation, would help, as im tearing down and sending out, to clean for sure, as when I removed piped there was some carbon build up in there, mr Harley and the injectors
So what can I expect? can/should I put a new set of rings on pistons, and ,heres the thing, I have no clue what the measurement of my cylinder was after honing, so I cannot measure myself, I already read, to look for scratches, I have a AWESOME mechanic now, who lent e his camera to look inside, this guys great, another thread, but I landed a true Harley Mech of 30 plus years!!!

And he lends me tools?/?? go figure...

anyhow, ive seen guys welding the ports, and than cnc'ny them, im reading alot of this and that, i know theres alot of knowledge on here, I like to hear some opinions, im not going 110 now, as id like to enjoy the 107 build, and my 570 cams, I think its 10.1 or 10 .5 compression...but when injectors flipped around, I was happy, so

I have a RB Racing LSR 2-1 forget model, the challenge, his ***** to the wall pipe, this one has pipe to just about where Axel is, not the challenge , where the front of rear tire is, im going to pay someone, to "port" front side of my throttle body, as im told I can go to 54, or 55mm? ill do the whole HPI throttle body, with the 110, next year, when I have dark horse, pin my crank, get that all sorted out, timken bearing etc,,,,,another 10k...hahahhaha j/k
but thats when ill go all out with a 110, 0r 117" as big as I can go, bigger case etc??? lo, WHY NOT?? and a sick high lift cam, etc etc..

right now, id like to hear of possible damage/ I know its hard and a loaded question,, but if it were whomever reads this, I plan to send heads to my builder, can them up for sure, and if any damage is noticed, naturally , replace, the postings down, valves for 30$ or whatever they are, if theres a bent one etc, chase it, as theres more the the :Harley" Master Mech story on what he screwed up...and this jerk had my bike for 2 months when I pick up, he says it was more than he ever expected, and he would NEVER TAKE A JOB ON THIS BIG?????? AND WILL BE 2K MORE, THE DAY OF DELIEVERY, now not even a week later, the SS Pushrods, must of all come undone, I sent him a video, they were BANGING, TAP TAP TAP TRAP, AND I INSTALLED THE ROCKOUTS IN THIS BUILD OL, naturally I couldn't/WOULDNY RIDE MY BIKE 15 miles to his shop

This would be trip 4 in a week, of stuff he messed, up, I also paid this scammer 800$ on pickup, no lie.......LESSON LEARNED....

so what do y'all think on cnc, this thermal coating, as y heat was UP THERE...

like to hear some experiences, on cylinder work, and your results, did you get sheets with any kind of specs? do I need that? being as there aint much I can do, and I dont have plan of using another modder, just like to hear on cnc , and that thermal coating....vs. hand porting, I saw guys, LITERALLY weld ports closed, and "re-shape them? is harley THAT FAR OFF? that seems extreme....thanks

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!!!!

CANT BE ANY WORSE THAN LAST YEAR!!!!

FOR ME ANYWAY....LOL....J/KL

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 12-30-2017 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:53 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,960 Likes on 1,442 Posts

ummmm........what?

You're rambling on like a 15 year old girl that's had about 10 Redbulls.........take a feckin breath!!

Last edited by MURPHCC1; 12-30-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-30-2017, 11:32 PM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,119 Likes on 732 Posts

What do I think? After a year of reading your poor grammar and inane posts, I think you should get on meds and take an English class or 2. Seriously. Like WTF.

The following users liked this post:
rnrobert (01-19-2018)
Old 12-31-2017, 12:01 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,041 Likes on 4,075 Posts

Ive seen thermal coating? hand porting, I saw a guy do on his LEG,
The guy hand ported his leg?

Old 12-31-2017, 12:21 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Tommy, people would be more than happy to answer your questions if they knew what the he'll the questions actually were. It is virtually impossible to follow 99% of your posts. Try typing slower, and remembering your audience has likely not been smoking the same "****" as you....

rnrobert (01-19-2018)
Old 12-31-2017, 07:01 AM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

?????????

Old 12-31-2017, 07:21 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,476 Likes on 3,650 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
The guy hand ported his leg?
Wow, that musta hurt. LOL....

Yea most don't understand his point, ever... Best to stay away...

You gotta stop bashing people as well.... There are issue's out there, you really need to listen and learn before you open your mouth.... None of the good guys on here like it and neither do I.... Stop......

Last edited by 98hotrodfatboy; 12-31-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 267 Posts

His threads are like a bad wreck, I know it's not something I wanna see, but I look anyway. He is the epitome of the guy all mechanics fear.

rhuff (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 08:13 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,369 Likes on 971 Posts

Were you smoking crack when you wrote this? Didn't understand one thing you tried to ask

Old 12-31-2017, 09:30 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,225 Likes on 3,756 Posts

This is why I love this Forum

The following 2 users liked this post by roussfam:
rhuff (12-31-2017), Schex (01-01-2018)

Quick Reply: Engine cylinder modding