Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

FXSB - HIGH RPM and NO START. HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 05:26 PM
NYC_Breakout
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FXSB - HIGH RPM and NO START. HELP!!!!

My 2014 FXSB Breakout is having an intermittent idle issue. On occaison the RPM will run high and get stuck between 2000-2500. This occurs while riding and it takes a while to come back down, if it even does. When this happens, after you shut it off, it will not start again until the motor cools down. The IAC has been replaced already, but did not correct the problem. Has anyone had anything similar to this? No diagnostic codes are given and since its intermittent, the shop has no idea whats causing it. I don't want to start replacing sensors just to replace them. I pulled out the power commander and the issue persisted and it would not start. After sitting for about 2 hours it now starts and is running normally. Any insight would be appreciated.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 742 Likes on 411 Posts

I assume you've verified the cables or throttle grip isn't hanging up. When it's acting up can you twist the throttle backwards at all?

Old 06-01-2017, 05:55 PM
NYC_Breakout
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The throttle snaps right back, fully released and no hang ups. When the RPM gets stuck its like having cruise control. After that, you have to hold the throttle to start it again or will just crank, start rough for a second, and then stall. That is unless you let it cool off, then may run normal, rpm get stuck, or stall once you let off throttle while riding. I have no ideas and the shop guys say it can be a lot of things but going to be hard to find.