Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Adjustable Pushrod choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015 | 01:08 AM
Desertwndrr
Tourer

No need to pull the rockers with either set. The quickies only need the stock pushrods cut and removed. The standard adjustable pushrods need the pushrods cut and removed as well as the lifter blocks unbolted.

Old 04-10-2015 | 04:33 AM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rgr357
I was looking at the SE #17900032 w/the black tubes but thought I should stick with S&S. You have the SE's on your bike? Just curious as it looked like you went w/ the 93-5095s on the Softail build.
on my two past builds had smith brothers hated the way they worked with that small horse shoe clip. got one hell of a deal on a set of screaming eagle adjustable s so i switched them out they work nice no problems.

Old 04-10-2015 | 05:01 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor

They all are good as long as they don't break, are easy to install, and don't rub the covers.
We have basically locked on to S&S pushrods.
That was one of the first products they started manufacturing back in 1958.
Scott

Old 04-10-2015 | 03:48 PM
rgr357
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by robbyville
Beat me to it! Right with quickees they telescope enough to not require tappet cover removal. This helped me when I was futzing around with adjustment and then forgot to put the tubes on properly lol. For the difference in price it worked out. I think I got them at phat performance cheaper than any Amazon or eBay merchants
haha yeah couldnt find the right comparison on the S&S website but then thought to see the video, I recalled him talking about PRs in it and touched on exactly what I was after.

How do you like your bars? I would sure love to switch mine out but dont see that happing tell this comming winter at best. I also want to drop the gearing using Evo Industries 49 tooth clutch basket replacment... to many parts and not enough $$.

Old 04-10-2015 | 03:51 PM
rgr357
|
Tourer

Thanks Target & Scott; wouldnt go there unless guys like you didnt have conserns... on that picked up the SE Adjustable (w/black tubes) just because I could get them today local... Have the fronts in and just waiting to bleed down before moving on to the back.

Old 04-10-2015 | 04:27 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks Target & Scott; wouldnt go there unless guys like you didnt have conserns... on that picked up the SE Adjustable (w/black tubes) just because I could get them today local... Have the fronts in and just waiting to bleed down before moving on to the back.
mine and the two others sets I installed were 24 tpi I set them at 3.5 turns.

Last edited by target64; 04-10-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2015 | 05:31 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

haha yeah couldnt find the right comparison on the S&S website but then thought to see the video, I recalled him talking about PRs in it and touched on exactly what I was after.

How do you like your bars? I would sure love to switch mine out but dont see that happing tell this comming winter at best. I also want to drop the gearing using Evo Industries 49 tooth clutch basket replacment... to many parts and not enough $$.
I hear you on the $!

Loving the bars, more natural feeling on the wrist angle. Height seems a little more comfortable as well although I was happy with the height of the mini apes. Reach was a positive for me.

No more mods for me (ok for this year at least). Just need to button a couple things up. Have some black levers to put on (broke the tip of one a couple of weeks ago), going to extend the wires from my turn signals since they're pretty tight following the relocation, and lastly need to re-wrap one of my exhaust pipes so I'll paint them at the same time.

Never freaking ends does it?

Old 04-10-2015 | 07:41 PM
rgr357
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by target64
mine and the two others sets I installed were 24 tpi I set them at 3.5 turns.
thanks! I was wondering about, the instructions didnt have the tpi listed so for the time being I just set them at the recomended 2.5 turns.

Already made a huge difference on the clatter I was getting. Now just sounds like a sewing machine with high lift. hehe that said around 4k I pickup a little noise, so Ill add the extra turn later this weekend.

Old 04-10-2015 | 07:44 PM
rgr357
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by robbyville
I hear you on the $!

Loving the bars, more natural feeling on the wrist angle. Height seems a little more comfortable as well although I was happy with the height of the mini apes. Reach was a positive for me.

No more mods for me (ok for this year at least). Just need to button a couple things up. Have some black levers to put on (broke the tip of one a couple of weeks ago), going to extend the wires from my turn signals since they're pretty tight following the relocation, and lastly need to re-wrap one of my exhaust pipes so I'll paint them at the same time.

Never freaking ends does it?
Haha no it doesnt, everything you've done looks real good! hey dont forget to pull the reflectors too.

Old 04-11-2015 | 05:33 PM
rgr357
|
Tourer

SE Adjustables black tubes...

Last edited by rgr357; 04-11-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Pushrod choices