Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Electrical Gremlin HELP..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 AM
PaulFLHTC
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical Gremlin HELP..

2008 FLHTC. 26000 miles. Bike just had 25000 mile service done. One week later while riding the bike, the radio shut off and started back up. Did this 3 times then the bike stalled and started back up. Got it home turned it off. Called dealer. Went back out and started the bike to take it to be looked at. The bike started fine but had no throttle control. Just idled. Started again and it ran fine all the way to the dealership. Bike showed two codes, b1006 b1007. Over current to accessories. Dealer inspected bike, put new radio in, cleared codes and gave me back the bike. That night it did the same thing again. Back to the dealer. Same codes. Dealer replaced voltage regulator and rode bike for 100 miles. Still throwing codes b1006 b1007. Put bike on DTC and can’t locate issue. Contacted HD tech support and was told to replace TCM. Changed it and test rode with no codes. I get the bike back and that night it does it again. Seems no one can figure it out. They checked the charging system, cleaned all wire connections. They have done everything short of tearing the tank off and inspecting wire harness for issues. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone had this problem?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 AM
HmanT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Similar Problem

I have a '09 SE Ultra with a similar issue. When starting the bike, I wait until the diagnostic light goes out before starting. However, once the light goes out, it comes back on. After about 10 to 15 seconds, it goes out again. I have learned that if I wait until the light goes out the second time, the bike will usually operate just fine. If I start the bike and go before the light cycles the second time, at some point during the ride I will lose the throttle. The engine continues to run, but only at a high idle. I pull over the to side of the road, shut it completely down and go through the two cycles of the light again and off I go with the throttle functioning properly. I have not visited a dealer with the problem yet. I am hoping to learn about a probable cause before I go to a dealer and let them charge me while they "troubleshoot".

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?