Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Ultra Classic Speed Sensor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Jerzmatic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Classic Speed Sensor replacement

I need a bit of info/help on switching out my Speed Sensor on my 2000 Ultra Classic. After going through all of the previous threads, reviewing the issues I felt as though this was my issue also. I Speedo does not move at all and my digital miles do not increment at all. Gas, oil and air all work but fluxuate slightly while riding.

I found out where the connector was. I thought it was behind that side panel. I traced the wire going up towards the battery. I removed the seat and disconnected the battery, low and behold there was the connector bolted in directly in front of the battery.

Problem #2. I could not see how to remove the old sensor without clipping the wire. Now I understand what they were speaking of in previous posts when they were talkign about de-pinning / repinning to get the wire through the tight spot. I'm trying to practice with the old connector before trying the new one.

Any suggestions?

Old 02-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Jerzmatic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problem solved....

I just clipped the wire to the old sensor. FYI, You have to remove the seat and battery to run the new cable. Easy to route the new cable, just tuck the wire with a flathead screwdriver.