Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Turn signal trouble ('09 Rocker Custom)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:45 PM
rule_82
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal trouble ('09 Rocker Custom)

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site have a question that I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction: My friend has a 2009 Rocker Custom, he decided to change the handle bars and in the process had to cut the wires coming in at the bottom of the handle bars and again at the actual handle bars where the wires come out of the handle bar and go in to the turn signal, brake switch..etc... The problem that we are having now is that when he turns on the right turn signal it does not come turn on at all, but if the foot brake or the hand brake is activated he is able to use the turn signal. So to sum it up the Right turn signal only works when the brake is applied. One thing that does not make sense is that we checked the voltage coming in to the switch that is activated by the hand brake and you have 11.98 Volts dc and have a little over 12 volts dc on the other side... so there is voltage on both sides of the switch....Checked the wiring a few times before we decide to re-wire it again and we still came up with the same sympton. Used solder, with shrink wrap, tape over the srink wrap and again shrink wrap over the bundle of wires. Ran the diagnostic test for the modules and everything came up good. If any one has any ideas that we can try please let me know....Thanks in advance!!!.....P.S. left side turn signal works perfectly fine....