Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Want to make a copy of my Harley key ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:30 PM
maskedstranger
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife does the same thing, then says I am just getting old and I forget where I put my things. I think it is just a trick they use to make you feel like you need them.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 AM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarbug
Thanks, I will have to see if there is a # ? Just thinking ahead.

Next time she hides your key, try hiding her makup!

Bet she never does it again.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 AM
guitarbug
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peppi
Next time she hides your key, try hiding her makup!

Bet she never does it again.
I think I would rather take my chances with her loosing my keys! Have you ever seen my wife without makeup!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Kbore
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't find a key maker that made a Harley Key except once at Rapid City HD a Sturgis vender was making them in the "Harley Key tent" and that key was 10 bucks. When you order your key, order the black thingy too- the key does not come with one.

And speaking of spare keys, my buddy insisted that we swap keys at the beginning of our Sturgis trip this year. I lost my key- he had my spare...SWEET.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Avongugg
Stage IV

I just dropped my key and a car drove on it... These Barrel keys can't be bent back needless to say so I called my local locksmith and they said come on in and 20 minutes later I had me a new key for $8.48. It is a very common key and any locksmith should take care of you. Note that the dealership wanted $22.00 plus tax and shipping and to bring in my title or registration and ID card and they would order it for me, probably an other $100 when it's all and done with right (kidding)? Well, pass the word.

Originally Posted by guitarbug
This may sound like a stupid question, but can I take my Harley key to just any locksmith or local Home Depot and get a copy made. I just got my bike a few weeks ago and have a wife that likes to hide things on me. Need a copy just in case the little thing magicly dissapears . Any help would be great. Thanks!

Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Avongugg
Stage IV

I just dropped my key and a car drove on it... These Barrel keys can't be bent back needless to say so I called my local locksmith and they said come on in and 20 minutes later I had me a new key for $8.48. It is a very common key and any locksmith should take care of you. Note that the dealership wanted $22.00 plus tax and shipping and to bring in my title or registration and ID card and they would order it for me, probably an other $100 when it's all and done with right (kidding)? Well, pass the word.

Originally Posted by guitarbug:
This may sound like a stupid question, but can I take my Harley key to just any locksmith or local Home Depot and get a copy made. I just got my bike a few weeks ago and have a wife that likes to hide things on me. Need a copy just in case the little thing magicly dissapears . Any help would be great. Thanks!

Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,411 Likes on 2,032 Posts

Originally Posted by Avongugg
A reputable locksmith will want some proof of ownership also.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:19 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,367 Likes on 5,502 Posts

Originally Posted by Avongugg

Originally Posted by guitarbug:
Dealership will just copy your key none of the crap is need I done it many times of the years. And the only way it cost you 22 dollars if it you want the gold fancy special key. Heck the even copied my gun safe key for me no charge

Old 07-05-2013, 06:37 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,411 Likes on 2,032 Posts

delete

Old 07-05-2013, 06:41 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just go to a locksmith and have a couple made. Very inexpensive.

Quick Reply: Want to make a copy of my Harley key ?