Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Panacea LED Light Install (no 4 ways)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:41 PM
sbergerson
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panacea LED Light Install (no 4 ways)

Just got done installing Panacea LED taillight and rear blinkers.
http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...al_panacea.htm
They look awesome, and are super bright. I really like that all three are lit up when running. I also like that the lights flash 4 times when the brake is applied and then stay on steady.

One complaint is that with the system installed, I can't use the 4-way flashers without burning out the load equalizer in the system. I am a first responder and use my 4-ways when on an accident scene. I called the MFG, and the only way I can use the 4 ways is to disable the functionality of the blinkers.

Guess I'll have to do without the 4-ways... I like the lights enough to keep them.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:40 AM
tlr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had heard the same thing which has delayed me in buying them. Not a 1st responder, but might need them one day. I also read that you cant leave blinker on for too long either.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Bluetick
Intermediate

I installed just the Deluxe taillight yesterday, and when I use my right turn signal, the security system light comes on and all four flashers start flashing. The left turn signal works just fine and the brakes work great. Did not do the turn signals with the LED yet, but they do light up and blink four times with the brakes. Not sure what is going on with the right turn signal.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Bluetick
Intermediate

I installed just the Deluxe taillight yesterday, and when I use my right turn signal, the security system light comes on and all four flashers start flashing. The left turn signal works just fine and the brakes work great. Did not do the turn signals with the LED yet, but they do light up and blink four times with the brakes. Not sure what is going on with the right turn signal.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Ron H
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bluetick
Did you ever figure this out? I've got a similar problem on my Street Glide trike. In my case, I've got Kury LED front turn signals and 4 LED tail lights (that came with the trike conversion kit). Right after I start up the bike, the first time I turn on either turn signal I get 4-way flashers. If I leave the signal on, it will eventually change to just the turn signal. This may repeat a couple more times, but after that everything works fine. Brake lights are OK.

I installed a Street Magic Signal Stabilizer (load equalizer) in hopes of alleviating the issue, but no change.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,914 Likes on 815 Posts

That's weird. I have the Panacea taillight and rear turn signals, and my emergency signals work just fine without burning anything out.

Cheers!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:20 PM
cbass68
Tourer

Guys, check out Badlands load equalizer III. It is designed for 2000 and later HDs. It is designed to be compatible with HD security systems. It supposedly doesn't get hot either. They say it "fixes" the issues with turns and flashers etc. Got mine on order. Hope it works...

Old 08-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Equalizers

Originally Posted by cbass68
Guys, check out Badlands load equalizer III. It is designed for 2000 and later HDs. It is designed to be compatible with HD security systems. It supposedly doesn't get hot either. They say it "fixes" the issues with turns and flashers etc. Got mine on order. Hope it works...
Cbass,
Did you get your equalizer replaced? Did it work with the 4-way issue?

Danny D

Attached Thumbnails Panacea LED Light Install (no 4 ways)-fatboy-kuryakin.jpg  

Last edited by Danny D; 01-26-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 PM
07 Dyna Mama
Stage III

Looking for some help from those who installed the panacea lights. Being a newbie and want to handle it on my own, I gave it a try tonight. The directions from Kuryakin were awesome and very easy to understand - atleast I thought :-( The tail light was on but my break light and direction did not work. I went over and over again with the instructions to followed it step by step but cant figure it out. Even worse, I reinstalled the old light and that now doesnt work. Yike!!!!!!! On Wednesdays I go on a Hump Day ride and now I dont know what to do!!!!! HELP!!!

I have an 07 Street Bob

Old 09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Check your fuses.

Quick Reply: Panacea LED Light Install (no 4 ways)