Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Security light issue

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 03:55 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Security light issue

2020 Street Glide Standard, the security light keeps turning on and off. Sometimes stays on. I just replaced the key fob battery. I just had LED passing lights and Led Front signals installed but haven't hooked up the passing light because I need a switch and waiting on a load equalizer. only the signals are currently working. So why would the security light keep coming on but sometimes intermittently? The mechanic who is Harley certified said when he went into the wiring was backwards and he fixed it, but issue didn't start until a week past him doing the work. Could be a ground issue?
About to have a tire changed because the tread is gone but wouldn't think that has anything to do with it.

Old Yesterday | 04:03 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

Reading

2020 Street Glide Standard, the security light keeps turning on and off. Sometimes stays on. I just replaced the key fob battery. I just had LED passing lights and Led Front signals installed but haven't hooked up the passing light because I need a switch and waiting on a load equalizer. only the signals are currently working. So why would the security light keep coming on but sometimes intermittently? The mechanic who is Harley certified said when he went into the wiring was backwards and he fixed it, but issue didn't start until a week past him doing the work. Could be a ground issue?
About to have a tire changed because the tread is gone but wouldn't think that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; Yesterday at 04:05 PM.
Old Yesterday | 04:17 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Freak Show

There ya go…

Old Yesterday | 04:28 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Parked, the light flashes. I see in the book it says it's a faut light as well. it states that if it stays on take it to a dealer. I'd rather avoid that.

Old Yesterday | 04:30 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TriGeezer

There ya go…
There ya go, what?

Old Yesterday | 04:31 PM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member
Old Yesterday | 05:40 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

OK, there was a BCM code. but i don't see the number listed on the fuel moto site, 62141c
I cleared it. no other codes anywhere.

Old Yesterday | 05:41 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member

There ya go, what?
See post two. If people are not using dark mode, and a USER copy's and past from other sources , text come in white.

I selected it and hit the A and changed it to black.

Guess why I was doing it he did it too or has me on ignore.

This is what your first post looks like to me and a lot of others. Sorta freaky..

Last edited by Jackie Paper; Yesterday at 05:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RollaMo (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 05:43 PM
Freak Show
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jackie Paper
See post two. If people are not using dark mode, and a USER copy's and past from other sources , text come in white.

I selected it and hit the A and changed it to black.

Guess why I was doing it he did it too or has me on ignore.
I use he dark mode also.

Old Yesterday | 05:56 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member

I use he dark mode also.
Well if you want most people to actually see what you are writing, you should pick a font color that shows up for all.

Using a "White" font just becomes invisible to everyone NOT using dark mode.

Quick Reply: Security light issue