Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

2006 ultra classic. Can't find plug for connectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 01:22 AM
Venom0852
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 ultra classic. Can't find plug for connectors

Friend had issues with his 2006 Harley Davidson ultra classic with battery drain and loosing power. Located and fixed the issue. But can't turn it on cause it ain't getting any power cause something not connected some where. He unplugged everything when he was trying to fix it before I got there and I got most of them back to where they go. Except for 3. I can't for the ****ing life of me find where the go or what they plug into I know what two of them are for but not where they suppose to connect to. One is a plug connected to the fuse box one is a single red wire right in front of the battery that looks like it leads to ignition but not sure and then there is one I have no clue what it is or where it goes.. pls help atted photos of plugs

Plug #1 idk what it is or where to plug it in at

Plug #1 idk what it is or where to plug it in at

Plug # 2 idk what it is or where to plug it in at

Plug # 2 idk what it is or where to plug it in at

Plug #3 Right in front of battery think it leads to ignition but not sure but don't know what supposed bto plug into it or where it supposed to plug in

Plug #3 Right in front of battery think it leads to ignition but not sure but don't know what supposed bto plug into it or where it supposed to plug in

Plug #4 It's coming off fusebox and relays or something. Idk where to plug it in at

Plug #4 It's coming off fusebox and relays or something. Idk where to plug it in at

Old 01-04-2024, 02:06 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,575 Likes on 1,969 Posts

@Venom0852

Welcome to the Forum from Utah.

Plug 1 - Cant see the wire colors to well in the 4 wire connector, but I'm guessing Acessory power connector.

Plug 2 Female Spade? Each gage has an orange black.....

Plug 3 Battery power, Unswitched, hot 24/7

Plug 4 You need to give wire colors and number of connectors, but my crystal ball said, Maybe Ignition relay??

Painter's tape and a sharpie for labeling connectors is what I use on a project like this.

Awful nice of you to help a friend.

Red wire

Orange from instruments, may be the orange and Black connector.

the orange is not from instruments but from the accessory switch, so it's switched power. R/Y brace, O/R P&A

Accy switch

Old 01-04-2024, 06:21 PM
Venom0852
1st Gear

[QUOTE=Vernal;21513720]@Venom0852

Plug 1 - Cant see the wire colors to well in the 4 wire connector, but I'm guessing Acessory power connector.

Plug 4 You need to give wire colors and number of connectors, but my crystal ball said, Maybe Ignition relay??

Painter's tape and a sharpie for labeling connectors is what I use on a project like this.

@Vernal
Thank you man it's been driving me insane lol.

​​​​​​ Plug #1 wire colors
Red w/ Light Blue line, Yellow, and 2 Black
will head back over and clean up to take better photo.

Still no clue what it plugs into or where it is either

Plug 3# Is for the code reader, two wires are to extended it out and make it easier to connect to and what not. Has rubber plug attacked to it to make it dust and waterproof for when it not being used Least that's what I was told. Idk

​​​​​​Plug #4
I was thinking that too... but can't find connector it connects to or where to plug it back in at...
But I will go check what colors there are and get you a better photo of that too. It's connected to the two relays behind the battery and the left side fuse box.

​​​​​​

Old 01-04-2024, 07:14 PM
Vernal
Club Member

Last edited by Vernal; 01-04-2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Vernal
Club Member

[QUOTE=Venom0852;21514012]
Originally Posted by Vernal
@Venom0852

@Vernal
Thank you man it's been driving me insane lol.

I can't find a connector with those colors. R/BE is to activate the brake relay.
Still no clue what it plugs into or where it is either

Plug 3# Is for the code reader, two wires are to extended it out and make it easier to connect to and what not. Has rubber plug attacked to it to make it dust and waterproof for when it not being used Least that's what I was told. Idk
If 3 is the single Red it is Battery + Data Link connector is BK, LGN/V and GY

​​​​​​Plug #4
I was thinking that too... but can't find connector it connects to or where to plug it back in at...
But I will go check what colors there are and get you a better photo of that too. It's connected to the two relays behind the battery and the left side fuse box.
See the other picture i posted, the relay is behind the battery on the left.

​​​​​​
@Venom0852 Se the notes in red.

EFI or Carb?

Does it have security?

Last edited by Vernal; 01-04-2024 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2024, 07:35 PM
Ya Tigor
Tourer
Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Venom0852

​​​​​​
Plug 1 is the Fuel Pump or Level Sender. Goes under tank console. Youve messed with the colors. I clearly see orange, yellow and two blacks as far as the proper plug types (packard and multilock) on jumper ends

2 spades jumper is connected to the accessory plug and were feeding some accessory being switched on with ACC dash switch. Might just a leftover from previous owner and wasnt connected to anything
#3 is a battery power used as a source to the many HD GMA accessories like extra lightning, heated seats, etc

#4 is the rear fender harness connector

Last edited by Ya Tigor; 01-04-2024 at 11:16 PM. Reason: text correction
The following 2 users liked this post by Ya Tigor:
07UltraGuy (01-04-2024), Vernal (01-04-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 04:50 PM
Venom0852
1st Gear

I see the relays the plug is coming from the relays and the fuse box. I just can't find where to connect plug 4 at figured rest out. Just not seeing the other end of the connection and dude swears he didn't take off any other wire that he can remember. I swear it's gonna be some place stupidly obvious. But as far as I can tell manual shows the wires and plug but does not show where it connects. Watched tons of videos for this damn bike. Updating connectors, power connection, the 40amp fuse and so on and so on but not one shows where that connection and most have it tucked in so couldn't pause and try to zoom in. Nope.

Old 01-07-2024, 05:08 PM
Venom0852
1st Gear

It

Its coming off the relays and fusebox all of which are connected and accounted for

Old 01-07-2024, 05:41 PM
Vernal
Club Member

What are the wire colors on all the connectors?

Old 01-08-2024, 07:22 AM
Ya Tigor
Tourer
Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Venom0852
I see the relays the plug is coming from the relays and the fuse box. I just can't find where to connect plug 4 at figured rest out..
If you have a look on the rear fender you'll see there is an oval hole on its top under the seat. There is where the fender harness must go out and connect to that mysterious plug 4.

Quick Reply: 2006 ultra classic. Can't find plug for connectors