Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

HD garage door opener not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Diverrick
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default HD garage door opener not working

I recently bought a HD Garage door opener for the hog from Harley I just installed both ends and it does not work. Introduced the transmitter to the receiver and it is clearly talking to each other as I can see the red light blink on the receiver in the roof. I called the Garage door company Lift Master MyQ Unit. They told me at first to move the Black wire to the grey terminal from the White where I originally had it, that didn't work. So I called again, they told me to put the black wire back to the white plug. It still did not work. I reprogrammed it again and once again the bike is activating the receiver, but the door does not move. The instructions says that on some units the receiver must be away from the opener. So I put in a extension cord and put it 10 feet away, and still nothing. Garage door people bailed saying I needed to talk to Harley.. Also said it may never work with these newer units. This was not a cheap purchase, to have it not work is simply not an option. Ideas?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:47 AM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

I also have a garage door opener that the Harley opener doesn't work with, so what I did was buy and extra garage door opener remote, opened it up and soldered the leads from the Harley opener to the circuit board contacts for the button on the new remote, See this thread. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...eners-fix.html

Old 12-30-2019, 07:25 AM
spepin
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out the modules at www.creativeaccesssolutions.com -- they have modules that fix the incompatibilities between the HD garage door receiver and the newer openers. All plug-n-play -- no soldering or splicing wires. Both wired and wireless versions. That's what I have on my opener!