Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

1994 Fatboy Speedo removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 04:56 PM
PurpleHazeDeuce
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Fatboy Speedo removal

Hello Everyone.

I just got my wife a 1994 FLSTF (Fatboy) and it needs a little work. One of the issues is some of the indicator lights are out, so I want to check the bulbs and need to remove the tank dash. But, in order to do that, I also need to remove the speedometer because it's larger than the dash hole for it. The problem is I have no idea where the screw or bolt or whatever holds the speedo on is located. The dash only has one side hole (on the right side), and that's where the reset **** goes (That's missing too, but that's another issue). I looked in there with a flash light and don't see any screw to release the speedo. Is it in there and I'm just not seeing it or is there something else that I'm missing?

Googling it shows about a half dozen similar dash consoles, but not this particular one. Most of the others have an additional hole on the left side of the dash. How the heck do you get this speedo off the bike?

I'll attach some pictures and thanks in advance for any help.
JA