Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Help needed to find Accesory Power on an '18 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 01:39 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Help needed to find Accesory Power on an '18 Heritage

Need to locate a swithed 12v power source near or under the seat of an '18 Heritage. No H-D accessory cable adaptors available that I can find.

I have the service manual and have searched through the wiring diagrams but cannot determine where a suitable sorce of switched accessory power is located.

I'm installing an INNOVV K2 camera system. it has a black/ground wire, a Red/unswitched power from the battery and a third yellow wire that has to be attached to a switched 12v accessory power source.

The black and red were no trouble to find suitable connection points. I tried attaching the yellow to the rear tail light circuit but the yellow has a 5v output that keep the tail light lit even when the ignition switch is off.

I found another switched power source in the connector used for attaching the street tunner to, but it caused my battery to die.

I'm usually fairly good at electrical work, but I can not figure this out. INNOVV instructions and support are no help.

Please don't just show me in a diagram, but if you can show or tell me the physical location of the wire or connector I should be looking for.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

Do you see any orange wires with a white stripe under your seat??( or anywhere for that matter). On my RK the orange with white stripe is a switched power source. I used it on mine and friends bikes. You can test to find out.....

Old 08-19-2018, 05:21 PM
j_bee
Tourer
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...ion-update-kit

and fitment instructions,

https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson....1?locale=en_US

which even if you don't go for the kit ( which I think is overly complicated with inordinately long wiring for most uses ) may help you choose the correct place to tap into. See connector 325b in diagram.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:44 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Thanks,

Got to the same #325 connector from info given in reply to another post under the Softail section.

I think that is what I'm looking for. Will probably just tap into the R/Y wire near this connector. The R/Y is the switched power according to the manual for the '18 softails.

Very much appreciated.