Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Alarm lights flashing until fob out range?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 10:21 PM
Pharrett
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm lights flashing until fob out range?

I had to replace the brake/running light module and load balancer on my 2012 Sportster 1200C. After getting everything connected back, I notice all the light flash when I turn off the ignition. The security light stays lit and the lights flash twice and then after a few seconds flash twice again. They keep doing this until I walk away and the fob (passive, not push button) is about 10 ft away. After I get a certain distance from the bike, the security light goes off and the lights stop flashing. They don't start flashing again until the next time I ride the bike and turn off the ignition.

Anyone heard of this? It wasn't doing this until I had to replace the module and load balancer.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:03 PM
ghost183
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

push button fob = TSSM, turn signal security module
hands free fob= HFSM, hands free security module

i just went thru the digitech manual for my own headaches with the HFSM..

hmmm....

when you say the sec light goes off and turn signals stop flashing.. meaning the sec light is off completely? does NOT flash every couple seconds?

is everything else on the bike working correctly? turn signals? lights? dash? arming? disarming? alarm trip? siren?, tilt sensor?

sounds like the HFSM is recognizing the FOB, (continued flashing and no arm condition), but its not arming.. weak battery? wrong fob?

spit balling here

any DTC codes?

Last edited by ghost183; 05-22-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:02 PM
Pharrett
Novice

Yeah sorry...once the lights stop flashing, the sec light flashes every few seconds. Everything else works fine. No siren on it tho. Once the HFSM is about ten feet away from the bike, everything stops flashing and the system is armed. After that, I can get on and start the bike with no issues.

Have a brand new battery in the fob. No DTC codes.

I mean..it's not a huge deal, but a little annoying...

Thanks for the reply ghost

Old 09-08-2022, 07:52 PM
lpkesler
Stage II

[QUOTE=Pharrett;17378595]I had to replace the brake/running light module and load balancer on my 2012 Sportster 1200C. After getting everything connected back, I notice all the light flash when I turn off the ignition. The security light stays lit and the lights flash twice and then after a few seconds flash twice again. They keep doing this until I walk away and the fob (passive, not push button) is about 10 ft away. After I get a certain distance from the bike, the security light goes off and the lights stop flashing. They don't start flashing again until the next time I ride the bike and turn off the ignition.

I am having the exact same issue right now. Did you ever figure out what was causing it? I'm going mad trying to figure it out

Old 01-09-2024, 01:17 PM
Lilmikey1993
Stage II
Default Fixed

Was having same problem but my red key light was staying on it ended up being my front right turn signal sorted out popped it out everything working fine put it back does alarm thing agian

Old 01-27-2024, 11:54 AM
Lilmikey1993
Stage II
Default Wasn't blinker

Originally Posted by Lilmikey1993
Was having same problem but my red key light was staying on it ended up being my front right turn signal sorted out popped it out everything working fine put it back does alarm thing agian
it was my ground wire to left blinker came disconected runing light would work but blinker would not on left amd wen i push right blinker it would make left arrow on dash flash to ended up being ground so it wasn't blinker it was ground issue