Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Running Lights Will Not Come On

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Justin727
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Running Lights Will Not Come On

Hey guys, I just wrapped up my winter project tonight but ran into one(hopefully) last issue.

When I turn the bike on, all four turn signals flash one time, simultaneously but then go out.

I tested each turn signal individually. Each one works besides the front left signal.

During the process of putting the bike back together I had to turn the ignition on and both front signals came on and stayed on as they should HOWEVER, the left signal seemed weak or more dim than the right side. At that time, the rear light bar assembly was not hooked up.

Tonight I hooked the rear light bar back up, bike is totally reassembled and now I have this issue where all four lights flash once upon turning on the ignition, none of them are on as running lights, and 3 of the four lights functions as turn signals but the left front does not.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this??

Old 04-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Zanthamos
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 431 Likes on 360 Posts

For fronts, try swapping bulbs and see if the weak or dead light switches sides. Disconnect rear at the rear harness disconnect under the seat and see if the fronts come on as running lights, if so check connections on the rear.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:12 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Justin727
Hey guys, I just wrapped up my winter project tonight but ran into one(hopefully) last issue.

When I turn the bike on, all four turn signals flash one time, simultaneously but then go out.

I tested each turn signal individually. Each one works besides the front left signal.

During the process of putting the bike back together I had to turn the ignition on and both front signals came on and stayed on as they should HOWEVER, the left signal seemed weak or more dim than the right side. At that time, the rear light bar assembly was not hooked up.

Tonight I hooked the rear light bar back up, bike is totally reassembled and now I have this issue where all four lights flash once upon turning on the ignition, none of them are on as running lights, and 3 of the four lights functions as turn signals but the left front does not.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this??
One step at a time. You've already identified where to start - sort out the two items in red! That dim light may be a bad connection, damaged wire, bad ground....