Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Is there a way to test a TSM part#68921-07

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 04:47 PM
TerryMcQ
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Zanthamos, I hope you are still monitoring this thread. I am having problems possibly related to the TSm on my 2009 Low Rider after my drive belt tore up at least 6 wires, rubbing through the harness tape and the individual wires insulation and a few of the individual strands of wire in each of those 6 or more wires. You asked about the correct orientation of the TSM. Mine has the words on it upside down. I bought the bike used and it ran great for 22,000+ miles before the belt hit the wires behind the fuse box/electrical caddy. Now it's been nothing but hell trying to figure out what is wrong. Might also have gotten bad fuel or lost fuel pressure for some reason because the bike started bogging down, and not getting power when trying to speed up and climb hills, also started backfiring and that has just kept getting worse. I also bought prewired ape hangers with internal switch wiring and new chrome switches and the bike was fine for about 2,000 miles with the new switches. I don't know if I have several separate problems but I think at least there is a fuel pressure issue and electrical problem. Just don't know what to check first on the electrical problem. Some people have said it's probably a pinched wire by the new switches and I haven't taken them apart yet to check that because I'd rather pay someone else to do it if I can afford it but they can't look at it still for another 19 days and while I'm waiting, I'm trying to find out if there is something easy for me to test and replace like hopefully the TSM. Do you know how to test it and does it matter if the words on the module are upside down? If it does, then somebody had to have vandalized my bike for it to be a problem now after I rode it with no problems for 22,000 miles since April 2018.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:41 PM
TerryMcQ
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Startek, I am getting ready to put TSM in my 2009 Low Rider but my electronic version of the Harley electrical manual has some text missing on the TSM/HFSM password learn page and it says if you are replacing a HFSM with a TSM (I am), you need to do the password learn procedures. Did you get away with NOT doing the goofy jump through electronic hoops/wait 10 minutes/turn key on-off in less than 2 seconds!/jump through more hoop/etc, etc.?

I've attached a picture of the chart I was going to follow in my electronic book. If you look at steps 1 and 13, you'll see the instructions in the second column just end mid-sentence after saying "Perform all steps under". Thanks if you can finish those sentences or provide a complete copy of that chart.