Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

poor packaging of battery from JP Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 12:25 PM
awilson40
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,510 Likes on 554 Posts
Default poor packaging of battery from JP Cycles

I just received a big bore battery from JP Cycles. They just dropped the original box in a larger box with no additional packing and this is what I got. I notified them and they just said they would make a note of it. Its not cracked and is at full charge after a night on the tender. Do you think its OK to install ?

Old 10-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Mikes145
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts

I wouldn't. Mainly because you paid for a new, undamaged battery and you didn't get that. Tell them to send you a new one and when you get it, you will send the damaged one back and make them pay for the return postage.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:42 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikes145
I wouldn't. Mainly because you paid for a new, undamaged battery and you didn't get that. Tell them to send you a new one and when you get it, you will send the damaged one back and make them pay for the return postage.

I wouldn't use that battery. No telling what has happened to it internally.

Old 10-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

No way I would accept that.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:30 PM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if I was JP cycles I would tell you too go away.. you ****ed up.. if the parcel arrived as stated then the damage would have been evident on the box .or on the battery case as shown. Then a simple case off returning it no problem... BUT you then proceeded too fill it with acid too which u just lost the ability to a replacement/refund.. TO me it looks like you filled it then put the cap strip in then dropped the ****er,

Old 10-14-2016, 05:42 PM
nfe
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The problem is that I also had issues with them! They failed to ship an "IN STOCK" tire within 7 business days; even tho I got the bearings I ordered. I found out form an amazing CS rep, that they merged with another 'warehouse' namely Motorcycle-Superstore.com and everything has gone downhill since then. Good luck with them doing anything for you; or for that matter getting a replacement from them. The CS reps have ZERO communication with anyone within 48 hours. As far as I'm concerned, I've written JP Cycles off due to their issues. I didn't post my issues on this site; or I'd link the convo. However as I said; no tire in 7 days, and they kept telling me it'd ship 'today' for 4 days. After hearing that they couldn't gaurantee anything; or hear anything within 48 hours, I pulled the plug on the order... (9 days after placing it).

Good Luck

-G

Old 10-14-2016, 06:02 PM
awilson40
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by loopie
if I was JP cycles I would tell you too go away.. you ****ed up.. if the parcel arrived as stated then the damage would have been evident on the box .or on the battery case as shown. Then a simple case off returning it no problem... BUT you then proceeded too fill it with acid too which u just lost the ability to a replacement/refund.. TO me it looks like you filled it then put the cap strip in then dropped the ****er,
you are a dick and you just showed your ignorance to boot. Its an AGM battery. you dont fill it with acid. Go back under your rock you troll.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (10-14-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 06:05 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I would request a return and order from somebody who knows how to properly package a battery like battery mart IMHO.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:05 PM
awilson40
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Mikes145
Thanks for the suggestion. I did just that and a new battery is on the way at no charge. Mistakes happen, its how you deal with them and try to make them right that defines if you are a good company to deal with.
So far they have done good by me.

Thanks for all your input. I was about to install it and see what happens.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:03 PM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whats a matter you yank tosser go cry too mum or your boyfriend
u big girl

Quick Reply: poor packaging of battery from JP Cycles