Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

poor packaging of battery from JP Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:32 PM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
You need glasses. There is no cap strip. It's a sealed AGM battery. OP already told you that.
you guys need too pull your heads in,,, AGM needs too have acid put in after manufacturing,, either the retailer does it or the user AGM is different than a normal battery as the acid levels are lower and absorb by the mat, hence the one time fitment off the cap strip ..

Old 10-17-2016, 05:16 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by loopie
you guys need too pull your heads in,,, AGM needs too have acid put in after manufacturing,, either the retailer does it or the user AGM is different than a normal battery as the acid levels are lower and absorb by the mat, hence the one time fitment off the cap strip ..
I'm no battery expert so I can't say if you're right or wrong, but why do you need to be such a dick about it? You're just giving us all a bad name, and I think it's you that needs to pull your fukn head in...mate!!!

'06 NT, 95", S&S .510g, V&H BR 2-2, K&N AC, P&P Heads, SEPST.

The following users liked this post:
awilson40 (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 06:14 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
There are consequences when you move from a high work ethic area like Iowa, to an Eastern metropolitan area like Louisville. MAG group broke a good operation.
Agreed with the work ethic problem.
J&P originated as a labor of love but as time goes on, things change.
Open house had the vendors located inside the huge former warehouse and it looked lonely, knowing that it used to be stocked with everything I "needed."
The people in Anamosa really try but when the warehouse was relocated to Louisville, the new help doesn't seem to care.
I'm only a 40 mile ride from Anamosa so I would run down to get my part and chat with everyone. Great people.
Sure do wish the ooeration was still located in Iowa.