Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

2015 RG - Electronic System Alarm (ESA) On Odometer Flashing and Security Alarm System Chirping Concurrent With Flashing ESA.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 04:19 PM
aklowrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 RG - Electronic System Alarm (ESA) On Odometer Flashing and Security Alarm System Chirping Concurrent With Flashing ESA.

Finally got all new stuff done - added Cobra Fuel/Air management system, HD Heated Grips and LePera seat installed on new 2015 Road Glide. Had problem reinstalling ignition Switch ****, and also a blown 20 amp, P & A fuse (pinched wire on left handlebar grip) that I had to work through. Bike is running awesome and heated grips work great. But, now when ignition switch is on or when riding, my Electronic System Alarm (ESA) on odometer is steadily flashing, and security system alarm is chirping concurrent with ESA light flashing. I've never experienced this before, but only have 800 miles on bike. I can't find the solution in HD Service or Owners Manual. And, I've read numerous posts on HD Forum and Road Glide website. When bike is parked and ignition is in off position or in Fork Lock position, the ESA flashes regularly, with or without Key FOB in proximity. Haven't had FOB near cell phone, and FOB battery is new. Had main fuse pulled when working on bike. Arrrrggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!! Any ideas?

Old 04-20-2016, 11:49 AM
jh2pizza
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Following along. I just saw a module you need to plug in when that happens. Not sure where or what it was for.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:34 AM
aklowrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay solved it. The steady chirp was from the Boom box radio. If you work on electrical on 2015/2016 FLTR/FLTRXS, pull the 50 amp main fuse with the Ignition Switch **** in Ignition "ON" mode. DO NOT pull 50 amp main fuse with ignition off. It f***s up your electronics. Simple fix - my radio needed reprogramming to stop chirping, plus dealer added software program update, all at no charge. I can't believe no one else has not made that mistake. Every other bike I've owned, you pull the main fuse with engine off. If you read fine print in service manual, it tells you that! Thanks to all that replied back.