Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Battery Beware

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
AmericanSteel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Beware

Brothers and sisters, when shopping outside the HD brand for batteries, you may have run into cross reference issues on some sites. I know I have. I'm here to ask all of you to spread the word and hear my warning- DO NOT SHOP AT www.apexbattery.com . Their cross references have been unreliable and I had been entertaining the idea of using them despite website issues, going directly to the staff and working one on one to make sure I get the best battery and the RIGHT battery at the best price. They have the Chinese batteries at a bargain and they have American made as well. I'm pissed to report that when I tried to communicate with the sales manager at Apex, I found that he and the other folks there were laid off and replaced with outsourced help from the Philippines. This kind of cheap business tactic makes my stomach turn and I hope it does the same to you. I'll never use this company regardless of the deal they offer. Hell, I wouldn't take a free battery at this point. Please spread the word and do not patronize any business that uses non-American support. American families being pushed out for cheap help is a plague in American Business models. Apex, as it happens, is a division of Battery Systems. Therefore, I ask you to also boycott them as well. If you need help with this company, I suggest you go right to the top and ask for Brad Streelman. This former USC student gone Philippines needs to hear the AMERICAN war cry that we will not tolerate such tactics. To voice your opinion on Chinese batteries and outsourced "support", contact Brad Streelman at 12322 Monarch Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841 , bstreelman@batterysystems.net

Thank you! God bless this great country of ours and the good people inside it.

Am.Steel

Old 04-11-2015, 05:48 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanSteel
Brothers and sisters, when shopping outside the HD brand for batteries, you may have run into cross reference issues on some sites. I know I have. I'm here to ask all of you to spread the word and hear my warning- DO NOT SHOP AT www.apexbattery.com . Their cross references have been unreliable and I had been entertaining the idea of using them despite website issues, going directly to the staff and working one on one to make sure I get the best battery and the RIGHT battery at the best price. They have the Chinese batteries at a bargain and they have American made as well. I'm pissed to report that when I tried to communicate with the sales manager at Apex, I found that he and the other folks there were laid off and replaced with outsourced help from the Philippines. This kind of cheap business tactic makes my stomach turn and I hope it does the same to you. I'll never use this company regardless of the deal they offer. Hell, I wouldn't take a free battery at this point. Please spread the word and do not patronize any business that uses non-American support. American families being pushed out for cheap help is a plague in American Business models. Apex, as it happens, is a division of Battery Systems. Therefore, I ask you to also boycott them as well. If you need help with this company, I suggest you go right to the top and ask for Brad Streelman. This former USC student gone Philippines needs to hear the AMERICAN war cry that we will not tolerate such tactics. To voice your opinion on Chinese batteries and outsourced "support", contact Brad Streelman at 12322 Monarch Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841 , bstreelman@batterysystems.net

Thank you! God bless this great country of ours and the good people inside it.

Am.Steel
Thanks for the good info!! They'll not get my money nor will any of my friends (which includes many farmers, large and small, in this area of the country).

Old 04-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,393 Likes on 5,001 Posts

A first time poster with an ax to grind.

Brothers and sisters?

If you would have joined this forum before you bought a battery, you could have asked for recommendations, and you would have been directed to several good companies that forum members have been happy with.

I probably wasted my time writing this, because the OP is probably gone forever.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 04-11-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-11-2015, 07:56 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Thank the gods for people with axes to grind. They let others know about things they might not hear about any other way, and with that information can then do their own research.

And reading other recommendations or asking for them is all well and good, but maybe, just maybe he thought he was on to something even better than all those recommendations and was going to let everyone know about it. That's the way it works...all those people you're saying who would "recommend" something, out of them one had to be the guinea pig. The OP seems to have been the guinea pig with the company he's telling us about as there's no other posts about this company (that *I* could find at least) on this forum.

Oh, and if he wants to call other riders "brothers and sisters" he has every right to do so as there's a buttload of others that do so on this forum day-in and day-out and no one says anything derogatory to them about it and I guarantee most of them have never even seen each other yet they're 'brother' or 'sister' (I personally hate it as unless you're personally known by me I am *NOT* your 'bro' or 'brother', but I keep quiet about it for the most part...at least until now, heh).

Old 04-12-2015, 02:39 AM
AmericanSteel
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
A first time poster with an ax to grind.

Brothers and sisters?

If you would have joined this forum before you bought a battery, you could have asked for recommendations, and you would have been directed to several good companies that forum members have been happy with.

I probably wasted my time writing this, because the OP is probably gone forever.
I'm sorry if you feel you wasted your time, and I have no doubt that there are plenty of good people here that can recommend reputable places for future purchases and other opportunities. I'll definitely reach out in advance next time.

And indeed I do have an ax to grind. I don't want people to go through the same thing I did. It turns out ApexBattery.com sells batteries for things like mobility scooters too. Veterans, disabled in particular, SHOP here and they post that they donate to the wounded warrior foundation. I'd asked the now unemployed sales people about it and they said that they never once heard anything about donations or anything to that, or any other, foundation. They do not offer a military discount. You'd think that the company would have provided SOME kind of information to pass to the customers if employees were asked. Yet.... the staff knew nothing about it. A ploy to drive business? I'm not sure but with all the other errors and shady things about this company, I'm not throwing the dice with MY money. No sir!

Am.Steel

Old 04-12-2015, 02:41 AM
AmericanSteel
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by tar_snake
Thanks for the good info!! They'll not get my money nor will any of my friends (which includes many farmers, large and small, in this area of the country).
Great! Word of mouth is a powerful thing. God bless the farmers too!

Am.Steel

Old 04-12-2015, 02:50 AM
AmericanSteel
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by tar_snake
Thank the gods for people with axes to grind. They let others know about things they might not hear about any other way, and with that information can then do their own research.

And reading other recommendations or asking for them is all well and good, but maybe, just maybe he thought he was on to something even better than all those recommendations and was going to let everyone know about it. That's the way it works...all those people you're saying who would "recommend" something, out of them one had to be the guinea pig. The OP seems to have been the guinea pig with the company he's telling us about as there's no other posts about this company (that *I* could find at least) on this forum.

Oh, and if he wants to call other riders "brothers and sisters" he has every right to do so as there's a buttload of others that do so on this forum day-in and day-out and no one says anything derogatory to them about it and I guarantee most of them have never even seen each other yet they're 'brother' or 'sister' (I personally hate it as unless you're personally known by me I am *NOT* your 'bro' or 'brother', but I keep quiet about it for the most part...at least until now, heh).
With regard to "brother and sister" reference, I certainly meant no disrespect. I guess I was being passionate because I am so pissed off about what I went through and wanted something more sincere than "HEY EVERYONE". People I share the road with and watch out for are like family to me, that's all. Just into camaraderie. Again, no offence intended.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:13 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,393 Likes on 5,001 Posts

When I first read your post, I thought you had been ripped off by some company, but I have read your post several times.

You didn`t buy a battery...

They didn`t sell you the wrong battery and refuse to make it right...

You have an Ax to grind with this company because you say they outsourced work overseas.

We have no way of knowing if one word of what you say about them is true.

This looks to me like part of an organized attempt to attack a certain company, not a simple complaint.

This is a subject that belongs in the political forum, not the Tech section.

Last edited by Dan89FLSTC; 04-12-2015 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:14 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSteel
With regard to "brother and sister" reference, I certainly meant no disrespect. I guess I was being passionate because I am so pissed off about what I went through and wanted something more sincere than "HEY EVERYONE". People I share the road with and watch out for are like family to me, that's all. Just into camaraderie. Again, no offence intended.
Don't sweat it, I know people who say it don't mean it disrespectfully, it's just a thing with me (and others in clubs) where it actually means something and not just loosely used as you and others use it...hope makes sense, heh.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:05 PM
AmericanSteel
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
When I first read your post, I thought you had been ripped off by some company, but I have read your post several times.

You didn`t buy a battery...

They didn`t sell you the wrong battery and refuse to make it right...

You have an Ax to grind with this company because you say they outsourced work overseas.

We have no way of knowing if one word of what you say about them is true.

This looks to me like part of an organized attempt to attack a certain company, not a simple complaint.

This is a subject that belongs in the political forum, not the Tech section.
I'll have to ask for some leniency here. I posted this the first time I visited and joined the forum. I was more anxious to alert other people about what I'd been through rather than worry about one location over another. It was a knee jerk decision, granted, and I agree that a more thought out approach in the right category would have a more profound impact. I spent a lot of time on this site because their information for the same cross references was contradictory, thus dealing with the people instead of solely relying on the programmer of the site. It took some persuading on the sales manager's part but I was ready to commit to one of two U.S. made batteries. I took a night to weigh my options between an Odyssey battery and a WestCo battery, and the company up and moves operations to the other side of the planet? Made me feel like my time was spent in vain. In doing my homework, I found that they were part of a larger organization. Companies see nothing wrong in sending jobs away. I disagree. A lot of other people out there do also. I don't want American money to go overseas. I believe that supporting businesses who outsource gives the green light to others to follow suit. Makes me sick, regardless of where you categorize it.

Quick Reply: Battery Beware