Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

custom dynamics quad license plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015 | 02:44 PM
twoskies
|
Novice
Talking custom dynamics quad license plate

custom dynamics quad license plate, for anyone buying one be prepared for some mods, plate cost $129.95, looks good on their display and their buttons doing all the tricks, got it home, shows up in a plain plastic bag, most of us dont read instructions(lol) have too on this one 1st thing they ask to do is notch your license plate to fit their frame(ok, im not against doing this)next issue is there is nowhere to stuff all the wires(local shop had a chrome plate that i used as a spacer, add about1/8 inch, plenty of room now)they use a 4mm screw to attach the plate instead of the standard(think its a 1/4 20 thread)their plate holes are not squared to a standard plate, last they dont mention anything about drilling a hole in your fender to reroute the wires(again not against doing this)they dont include any wire connectors(for the price even cheap ones would be a start)
ok since im not one to quit, ive bought a backing plate as stated, notched my license plate, bought some longer nuts and bolts(4mm, because they were countersunk)ill make it work but for anyone thinking of buying one for their bike , just letting you know its not a clean plug and play item
called custom dynamics and the gal there listened all my comments especially about a cheap spacer plate, but did not offer to help or ask if i wanted to return, which is on their products but again ill make it work

1996 heritage softtail nostalgia

any other ideas would be appreciated
thanks all