Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Clear Turn Signal Bulbs that match Headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:44 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Hate to be so picky but I googled some pics of the clear silverstars and they appear to give the light a bluish color. So. I'm still looking/googling for a slightly brighter/whiter 1157 in a clear color.
silverstar bulbs are not blue, theyre bright white. Only way they come. yes they've got that blue color to the bulb itself which is kinda odd because the other silverstar bulbs don't.

my suggestion is replace them all including the headlight if you want them to match. Trying to match your stock headlamps which IMO are crap to begin with is a futile effort. You're going to need to swap them all to make them match. And you'll have a MUCH better view in front of you.

There are a quite a few HD LED lights that are showing up in the classifieds as well from guys trading in their older models on new models that already come with LEDs

Old 10-12-2014, 01:44 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
silverstar bulbs are not blue, theyre bright white. Only way they come. yes they've got that blue color to the bulb itself which is kinda odd because the other silverstar bulbs don't.

my suggestion is replace them all including the headlight if you want them to match. Trying to match your stock headlamps which IMO are crap to begin with is a futile effort. You're going to need to swap them all to make them match. And you'll have a MUCH better view in front of you.

There are a quite a few HD LED lights that are showing up in the classifieds as well from guys trading in their older models on new models that already come with LEDs

I think that may be my best bet also. Thanks