Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Need Help with Air Horn.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with Air Horn.

I need help with a horn.
#1. I replaced the stock horn on my wife's 2007 Heritage with a Harley Davidson Plastic Air Horn several years ago. It has worked fine for a few years.
#2. I now wish to replace that broken HD air horn with a new Mini Beast 4 air horn.
#3. I have two wires with female connectors to the existing horn input spades. I also have a wire yellow and Black that I must have cut and spliced back together when I installed the HD air horn with a barrel joint connector.
#4. The relay clicks when I try the switch but the horns do not work.
#5. I located an inline 20 Amp fuse that is blown it has been added to the positive battery terminal and I can't tell if it goes to the HD air horn in some way but I think it does.
Ok now for the issues. The bike went in for service before we went on vacation. On vacation the HD air horn did not work. I took it to Battlefield HD and they said it was the horn because they could hear the relay working. I asked them at that time if it could be a fuse and they told me know they thought it was the horn itself.
They did not have a replacement horn in stock that I wanted.
Once we returned home, I ordered a Mini Beast 4 and tried to install it this evening. They relay works when I twist the spliced yellow and Black wires back together but not the horn.
Does that blown inline fuse go to something that is involved with the horn.
Everything else seems to work fine just not any new or old horn.
Its been several years since I put the HD air horn on and I am sure the barrel joint splice was my doing. But I cant remember if the HD air horn needed it or not? Please help if you can. I guess the first thing I need to do is replace the broken 20 Amp inline fuse. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 09-18-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thanks to those who replied? I figured it out. New horn sound great.