Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:50 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
Ok, I didn't have an extra bag of cash laying around, so I thought I'd never be able to buy a Power Vision. But, my lovely wife let me use the $500 worth of Amazon gift coupons she still had from Christmas to buy one! I would have liked to have bought the PV from Fuelmoto because of all the great things I've read about them, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

So, I guess I'll have to use whatever canned maps are available from Dynojet when my PV comes in next week. Anyone dealt with Dynojet techs for tweeking your tune? I've only got Rush slipons and a Kuryakyn Hi Five Mach 2 Air Cleaner, so nothing too drastic.

Thanks
You shouldn't have a problem. Pick something close and follow the instructions to dial it in for your bike. the link in my signature will take you to a basic how to guide

Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to touch on the post about DJ and their maps. The closest map for my setup says its a PC import. Does this make it a must to start data logging right away to get it "right"?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
You shouldn't have a problem. Pick something close and follow the instructions to dial it in for your bike. the link in my signature will take you to a basic how to guide
JustDennis....GREAT! I was afraid I would be up a creek without Fuelmoto maps. The How To is perfect to get me going. Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Mbarz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got my PV I used the Dynojet tune, it works great to get you started. I had Rush slip on's with stock air. Then put on duals with a stage 1 and started to do some changes. But I used the Dynojet tune on my stock set-up then made changes when needed, then just changed the file name. Everything worked great and the map I got from Dynojet was really close.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDennis
If you enter the code, it will log all the data you need plus give you a screen to monitor which areas you hit while riding. After you enter the code and get the grid screen, be sure to press start log.
Or you can verify that you are logging all the channels and do a normal log at any time by just starting the log.
Thanks Dennis. You know, You should somehow be on the payroll! You are a valuable database.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:55 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone willing to post their VE table that has a 103 w/stock cam, a/c and exhaust and has done a complete tune with tune with the w/b sensors?

Curious what the VEs do in the upper ranges of MAP/RPM.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:26 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 531 Likes on 368 Posts
Default Need Help

I need some help after getting a tune from fuel moto my bike runs great. But the problem is that I am getting soot after riding. Here is what I have

Fuel moto aircleaner kit
Supertrapp Stout Mufflers
Powervision

I noticed that my rear cylinder spark plug was black and oily. Even the white part in the middle (electrode) was black.

While my front cylinder spark plug was black (dry) but the white part of the electrode stayed white.

I am assuming my front is ok.

Can anyone look at my document. I have the both stock air fuel tables and rear cylinder spark advance.

Thanks

Attached Files
File Type: docx
tune.docx (104.0 KB, 226 views)
Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Flinter
I've been playing with the Decel Enleanment to get rid of decel popping. I have the last 4 numbers at 20 and still get popping...especially in town.
First, how do you define "decel popping"? I see it as sustained popping when in full-decel mode (no throttle input). DE will not make a big dent in this problem since it only leans at the threshold of deceleration--i.e., the instant you pull back the throttle.

Decel pop should be best addressed by changing the AFR-Lambda value at 20kpa, or 0% TP for non-TBW bikes like mine. I've had some problems with a single pop at the instant of pulling back the throttle, and lowering the DE values at the pertinent temperatures has fixed the issues. After changing to 4" Jackpot mufflers recently I had to add some fuel to 1500-2500 rpms to get rid of some decel pop, and I did that by decreasing (richen) the AFR values in those locations. This assumes you have tuned these areas and the AFR values you are getting are accurate. You could increase the VE values instead, but I would rather get AFR's tuned-in correctly, then adjust the AFR values to reflect what's really going on.

IOW, if you have 20kpa set to 14.6 (1.0 Lambda) at the location causing the popping and the VE tables are set properly to give you stoich at that point, changing the AFR-Lambda value (lower) will give it more fuel in that area and the VE and AFR values will match.

When I first got the PV I was liberal about changing the VE-table values to make small adjustments, but that was before I caught-on to how they actually work in relation to the AFR-Lambda table. The idea is to establish the AFR you want to run throughout the RPM/KPA range, you then adjust VE's to match these values. It's easy with the Pro procedure and wideband sensors, but you can't do it across-the-board with Basic.

I'm really thinking of lowering the Decel Enleanment Multiplier. Can anyone tell me exactly what this does? Also, how much is too much?
If your problem is a brief pop at the threshold of decelerating, isolate it by determining the ET that it occurs, then adjust DE at that point. Changing the DE Multiplier parameter changes DE at all temperatures the same amount, and I wouldn't think that would be a good thing in most cases, especially if you aren't getting the pop at all temperatures. There's no point in making the mixture too rich in some places.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:51 PM
jb7
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2012 Super Glide stock tune

Anybody have a stock improved tune for a 2012 Super Glide. The PV2 when connected reports no compatible preconfigured tunes. I tried to load a stock improved tune for a 2011 that I downloaded from the Power Vision website and PV2 reported that tune as incompatible also.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jb7
Anybody have a stock improved tune for a 2012 Super Glide. The PV2 when connected reports no compatible preconfigured tunes. I tried to load a stock improved tune for a 2011 that I downloaded from the Power Vision website and PV2 reported that tune as incompatible also.

I would either call or email Fuel Moto and ask them. I am sure they should be able to set you up.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread