Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Just wondering why the VE front new has all the 77.5 manual entries. also the 1125 AFR line dips lower than idle and 1500, no opinion, just wondering why
I was assuming that since I prolly never got to 6000+ RPM's that the software just defaulted it there. Not 100% sure to be honest. Thoughts? I'm real green at this so I'm glad I posted. Also, the AFR 1125 line is a miss on my part when manually updating. harleytuners table doesn't have this RPM line so I missed it. Thanks for the catch. Again thanks for all the input.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wondering why the VE front new has all the 77.5 manual entries. also the 1125 AFR line dips lower than idle and 1500, no opinion, just wondering why

That's a good catch about 77.5 VEs.... if it were me I might go back and compare what the base map had in those cells vs what the new map shows. I checked my map and I didn't hit those upper RPMs in my tuning yet and it did not default to 77.5, Smart tune didn;t even touch any cells that I didn't have any recordings in....

Old 01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

Alright I just got home and looked at what might be causing the issue. We have a problem. The AFR table is missing the 500 and 6500 RPM rows so when the calibration sync spreadsheet is loaded the formulas dont calculate the proper cells. Throttle positions don't match either causing the same issue (13 columns vs 12). What should I do to remedy this?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the SE pro race tuner I did not get a CD for it, is there one available?
2011 Roadking classic

Thanks

Old 01-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

[quote=mgmmgm;9315474]I have the SE pro race tuner I did not get a CD for it, is there one available?
2011 Roadking classic

Here's the info on the software. You'll also need the cable kit if you already don't have them. Training video is also available if interested (32101-10).

screamin’ eagle Pro suPer tuner
softWare With “smart-tune”
this updated software is required for all new 2012 model year
updates for the Super tuner eFI tuning capabilities. Software
includes new race use only calibrations along with all previous
race use calibration software. the software also includes
a time-saving self-tuning feature called “Smart-tune”. now,
you can choose a base calibration, run the bike and record
the data to the VCI box, download the data, and the software
will automatically make recommendations and adjust
the settings for optimum performance. Smart tune works
on models with factory-installed O2 sensors only. for race
application only.

32111-12 Software CD

Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Todd
Alright I just got home and looked at what might be causing the issue. We have a problem. The AFR table is missing the 500 and 6500 RPM rows so when the calibration sync spreadsheet is loaded the formulas dont calculate the proper cells. Throttle positions don't match either causing the same issue (13 columns vs 12). What should I do to remedy this?
Are you using the excel calibration quick sync?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Are you using the excel calibration quick sync?
yes, the one that came installed with the SEPro software.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Todd
yes, the one that came installed with the SEPro software.
There is a second tab with instructions. did you use a dyno and/or an exhaust anlyser when doing this?

you are correct that you probably will not hit above 6000 in smarttune to get a reading, but the VE below the 6000 rpm rows and the high throttle position does not happen by itself, that has to be a manual entry at some point because your original table values should be there and you never hit that area for smartune to make those changes.

I am going out on a limb and question the whole table. there seem to be too many large differences in adjoining cells. this was probably from the quick sync and not the smartune. Have you looked at these tables as a graph and then look at the original as a graph?

Old 01-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought the excel quick sync spreadsheet is for folks using dynos. Folks like me, we just run the Smart tune program to update the VE tables....

Old 01-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate

There is a second tab with instructions. did you use a dyno and/or an exhaust anlyser when doing this?

you are correct that you probably will not hit above 6000 in smarttune to get a reading, but the VE below the 6000 rpm rows and the high throttle position does not happen by itself, that has to be a manual entry at some point because your original table values should be there and you never hit that area for smartune to make those changes.

I am going out on a limb and question the whole table. there seem to be too many large differences in adjoining cells. this was probably from the quick sync and not the smartune. Have you looked at these tables as a graph and then look at the original as a graph?
I was not using a dyno or anlyser. Was just playing with my smart tune tables in the cal spreadsheet. I'm going to stick with the smart tune. Today's going to be in the 50's here in DC so I'm going to reload base map and do some more recordings to add to the library and do some more mart tuning. Thanks for all the input. Like I said I'm green at this and am real thankful for this forum. Learning curve can be a bitch but I'm enjoying the ride.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread