Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Accel SLM (Self Learning Module) anybody have any experience, advice or comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Trolldoc
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accel SLM (Self Learning Module) anybody have any experience, advice or comments?

Greetings forum members. I'm thinking about purchasing an Accel SLM for my 2009 Street Glide. According to magazine ads I've read it's practically bulletproof, but I know how advertisements are... I've added Rinehart slip-ons to the bike but I haven't done any other performance mods. I occasionally get a deceleration "pop" since adding the mufflers but otherwise I'm happy with the performance of the bike.
A friend of mine who has a medium sized motorcycle shop, working on mostly Harleys, recommended the Accel SLM. Looking for members who have experience with the SLM or might offer advice as to what fuel tuner they use.

Thanks and Ride Safe!

Old 04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
tscreener
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one and have not made up my mind yet, snowed yesterday, just dont have enough time on it yet. I have a stage one pipes aircleaner and the slm, so far seems good pipes sound deeper runs good but only have had it out once. instalation is easy if you pull the battery box.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trolldoc
Looking for members who have experience with the SLM or might offer advice as to what fuel tuner they use.
The TTS tuning kit is the best thing out there at the moment, nothing extra on the bike, no PITA hardware to install, and it takes full advantage of the excellent delphi hardware.

It is not right for everyone, however. Any name brand fueler will make the bike feel more alive. You will find glowing reviews and some problem reports with any of the add on modules. The SEST that HD sells is more money than the TTS and has a few software issues.

You have to decide if you just want to ride or if you want to get the smoothest running bike and also get the most out of any mods you choose.... and if you are a DIY and like to tinker or not.

The TTS does it all well but at $400+ it may too rich for some. It is well worth the price, however.