Dyna Parts This is the place to post your Dyna Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

Dyna Detachable HD Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 08:10 AM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

OK, one last question then I'll leave you alone:
I have a QD sissy bar/luggage rack already on the bike. I ordered the brace kits you described above, and I'm moving my turn signals with the Great Bike Gear kit.

Am I right that the bags will use the same docking points as the sissy bar?

If I want to use both the sissy bar and the bags I'll need to get the double-up docking kit from HD? (Longer bolts, two sets of docking points.)

The braces will be in later this week, and I'm hoping to put these on this weekend. And I know that's two questions - hope you'll forgive me.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:10 PM
kansaskid72
Account Retired
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure. I didn't have a sissy bar on my installation. So i just had the one docking item for the saddlebags.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:37 PM
JHL-ShinySideUp
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kansaskid72
I'm not sure. I didn't have a sissy bar on my installation. So i just had the one docking item for the saddlebags.
Well, you warned me there was no hardware. Turns out the bracket kit was just the beginning. This installation has been a nightmare, what with the missing top shock bolts, absent docking points, some other stuff I needed, and a mix-up at the dealer that left me with two right-side brackets and no left-side bracket.

I added the Great Bike Gear license plate and turn signal relocation, and THAT added more drama.

Started Thursday night after work, and got it back on the road this afternoon (Sunday). At that, I STILL don't have the left side bracket, so I'll have to tear the whole thing down again in a week when the replacement kit gets here.

Not your fault ... but I needed to vent. My wife is TIRED of hearing about it (lol).