Dyna Parts This is the place to post your Dyna Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

...2012 Stock FLD Switchback Seat...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011 | 08:33 AM
noone
Stage I

Mrnone, Was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I noticed you had put a crashbar and lowers on your switchback and wanted to know what year & model of bike the crashbar came off of and did it bolt right on or did you have to modify anything? Thanks, JJ

Old 12-11-2011 | 08:49 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Cool easy

got the crashbar from CL was on a 06 dyna. fit good except for the smog canister that CA bikes have. my vice grips and a big hammer decided that I did not need the 50 dollars in stupid adapter brackets to relocate it.

the lower fairings need minor trimming on the left one to make fit perfect I am painting mine this week and I will take pictures of what needs to be trimmed.
the out most lower edges need a 1 inch trim so they do not scrape.
I did not trim mine nor do I need to now. hehehhe
the left fairing hits the floorboard brackets on the inside. another small trim here and they fit perfect. I have been riding my electraglide without the lowers. They make a huge difference. the glove boxes are pretty cool feature too. Really hard to get used to not having them.

Originally Posted by noone
Mrnone, Was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I noticed you had put a crashbar and lowers on your switchback and wanted to know what year & model of bike the crashbar came off of and did it bolt right on or did you have to modify anything? Thanks, JJ