Dyna Parts This is the place to post your Dyna Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

True-Track for sale cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default True-Track for sale cheap

Anyone who wants a True-Track, I've got one for sale cheap in the Dyna classified section.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7
You don't need to ride aggressively to benefit from the true track. Man, Cowboy Up.
CB

Old 04-05-2009, 10:45 AM
r00k
Road Warrior

Wow that TT is going to be going all over the place.

I would love to pick it up but its not in the budget even at $250 right now

Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 AM
r00k
Road Warrior

ugh, double post.

Last edited by r00k; 04-05-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:56 AM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
You don't need to ride aggressively to benefit from the true track. Man, Cowboy Up.
CB
what are the benefits????i"m to lazy to look it up.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:54 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by txtec
what are the benefits????i"m to lazy to look it up.
The bike tracks better on the road and does not follow the grooves as much. Much improved steering input, it goes where you point it a lot sooner than it used to and does not feel like a rubber band anymore. It even steers better when moving slow, like maneuvering in the parking lot. I used to have a wallow when cornering at higher speeds, tight and sweeping turns. I would feather the throttle to counter it which made me back off when I wanted to go faster, I raised the preload on the rear shocks and went to SE fork fluid and this helped, but ride quality suffered. After installing the TT I was able to lower the preload to its lowest setting and no wallow, so I am also going to go back to 10wt fork fluid. I went for run yesterday through some twisty and bumpy back roads that I have traveled through many times and I could not believe what a difference the TT made, again, the bike was just rock solid in the corners and I felt more confidence when negotiating the turns. All of this is with only the rear portion installed. Can't wait to get the front on.
I would recommend the TT or the Sputhe (any 3 link set up) as the first mod you do!

Last edited by NoLongerAmember; 04-05-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
txtec
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
The bike tracks better on the road and does not follow the grooves as much. Much improved steering input, it goes where you point it a lot sooner than it used to and does not feel like a rubber band anymore. It even steers better when moving slow, like maneuvering in the parking lot. I used to have a wallow when cornering at higher speeds, tight and sweeping turns. I would feather the throttle to counter it which made me back off when I wanted to go faster, I raised the preload on the rear shocks and went to SE fork fluid and this helped, but ride quality suffered. After installing the TT I was able to lower the preload to its lowest setting and no wallow, so I am also going to go back to 10wt fork fluid. I went for run yesterday through some twisty and bumpy back roads that I have traveled through many times and I could not believe what a difference the TT made, again, the bike was just rock solid in the corners and I felt more confidence when negotiating the turns. All of this is with only the rear portion installed. Can't wait to get the front on.
I would recommend the TT or the Sputhe (any 3 link set up) as the first mod you do!
thanks for the info,my motor mounts dont last long,the tt might help with that also.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:15 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by txtec
thanks for the info,my motor mounts dont last long,the tt might help with that also.
That is why I have not installed the TT on the front yet, waiting for the big brown truck to deliver my front mount, should have been here Friday and now won't be here till Wednesday? I am also thinking the TT may extend the life of the rear fork bearings.
CB

Old 04-05-2009, 02:01 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Gary, is it possible that a second pair of hands is necessary? You're the first one I've heard of having such a bad time with getting the TT installed that you just sold it. I don't live close (4hr ride) but I'd ride up there and give you a hand with it.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Gary, is it possible that a second pair of hands is necessary? You're the first one I've heard of having such a bad time with getting the TT installed that you just sold it. I don't live close (4hr ride) but I'd ride up there and give you a hand with it.
I appreciate that, but this "experiment" is concluded. I never really felt like I needed the TT, and it's just not worth any more hassle to me.

Quick Reply: True-Track for sale cheap