Dyna Parts This is the place to post your Dyna Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

True-Track for sale cheap

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 04:06 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The instructions I received with my TT said not to remove both bolts at the same time, or the engine may shift? However, I couldn't do the rear one myself either. Cost me $70 at the dealer. Still worth it.

Last edited by gregbenner; 04-05-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregbenner
The instructions I received with my TT were pretty explicit NOT to remove BOth bolts at the same time, or the engine may shift. Sounds like pilot error. However, I couldn't do the rear one myself either. Cost me $70 at the dealer.

"When I remove the two front (frame mount) isolator bolts, the whole damn engine shifts back and down. I check the jack and it's still "supporting" the engine, so I don't know what the hell happened. I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the thing lined back up and get the TT mounted when I realized it just wasn't going to happen, and I'd be lucky if I could get the original bolts back in."
Well, the instruction I got explicitly said to remove both front isolator bolts. Look at Step 2:

If I had it to do all over again, I would try to do it one bolt at a time. That should avoid the whole issue of the motor dropping.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:23 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, it's not sold yet. Give it another good ole college try. This time, do it for the Gipper.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Well, it's not sold yet.
Yes, it is. Payment pending.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Sold.

Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I thought I got a deal on mine, this one was a steal!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Newhawk
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
I used to have a wallow when cornering at higher speeds, tight and sweeping turns. I would feather the throttle to counter it which made me back off when I wanted to go faster, I raised the preload on the rear shocks and went to SE fork fluid and this helped, but ride quality suffered. After installing the TT I was able to lower the preload to its lowest setting and no wallow, so I am also going to go back to 10wt fork fluid. I went for run yesterday through some twisty and bumpy back roads that I have traveled through many times and I could not believe what a difference the TT made, again, the bike was just rock solid in the corners and I felt more confidence when negotiating the turns. All of this is with only the rear portion installed. Can't wait to get the front on.
I would recommend the TT or the Sputhe (any 3 link set up) as the first mod you do!
Pretty much the same route I took. Had my shock preload set to 4 for solo riding and changed my fork oil to 30wt to tighten up the ride. Didn't quite do what I wanted.
The TT changed everything. Now I have to start over on the overall ride now that the handling is taken care of.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
babineaux66@msn.com
Cruiser
Default Sputhe

YA'LL HEAR!! The Sputhe brace was made for 04 and 05 frames.went to install the rear on a 07FXDC and it hits the master cylinder.Ya have to modify the brace,and if ya have braded brake lines the switch is in the way.OH love the tracking with only the front on now!!Will be talking to Mr. Sputhe after his back gets better.MFG is in Grassvalley CA.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
hd 2008
6th Gear

Ihave electra glide classic with rear wheel steer.Looking to buy
true track or progressive suspension what part works better

Old 07-28-2009, 09:35 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by hd 2008
Ihave electra glide classic with rear wheel steer.Looking to buy
true track or progressive suspension what part works better
They each serve a completely different purpose. TT hinders the motor from lateral movement. Suspension is well, just suspension.

Quick Reply: True-Track for sale cheap