Dyna Models Dyna Model Parts Only

Anyone want to trade their black parts for my chrome ones??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Jarhead08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want to trade their black parts for my chrome ones??

As stated I am wanting to swap my chrome parts for black ones to help dechrome the bike some! Anyone interested ? I have an o7 lowrider.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:17 AM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's with the black is the new chrome syndrome?
Personally I think your ride is lookin' sweet as it is, but I like chrome. I guess in some schools it has been over-used

Old 07-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Looks fine leave it alone , been there done that

Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Jarhead08
Tourer

I dont necessarily want to take all the chrome off, just bits and pieces to basically even out the bike. Maybe it will grow on me! lol doesnt hurt to ask though

Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

320 grit sandpaper... SEM self etching primer(great stuff)...Paint! You can get texture black from H-D for the engine cover parts(good paint), and for other chrome you can go gloss or wrinkle or whatever you choose. Also lean that side plate bracket/light back some! And that Gold is killer, I had some thoughts about doing my bike in gold, decided to redo in flat black though.

Last edited by rounder; 07-15-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:48 AM
Jarhead08
Tourer

funny you should mention the plate, that was an hour and a half job that consisted of several bits of metal, a factory licenseplatte bracket bent up to work, a few zip ties and a chrome license plate cover from the local dealer and a light that was already on the side of the scoot. The homemade sidemount plate was on the bike when I purchased it, it fell off about 30 miles down the road, I ziptied it to the bike till I got home, but got pulled over 2 blocks from the house and got a warning ticket. Anyhow after a couple hours of trying to figure out how to not get pulled over I made this one up! LOL It was a chore let me tell you. Id try to paint things but Im not good enough to get the finish I am looking for right now. I just figured id throw out the offer to see if any one was interested or was local. I love the paagan gold as well, besides it I am also thinking of going Tangelo Pearl orange with the black and a small amount of chrome. I have to keep a little to tie in the dbi forward controls.

Last edited by Jarhead08; 07-15-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bike looks great JH! Love that color.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

Take the crappy looking wrap (IMHO) off your exhaust and jet-coat your pipes black (they might be black already, but I can't tell.) I don't know why people crap up their bikes with that wrap. Don't they realize that **** looks terrible? Only kidding...actually, to be honest I am not kidding. It is in fact, my very humbly offered opinion so flame away if you'd like. Get some sort of black derby, inspection, and points covers for a contrast with your existing chrome primary etc. Otherwise your bike is already a nice mix of black and chrome. I don't know, maybe the triple trees should be black too.

Last edited by Sonny's World; 07-15-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
tully_mars
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 70 Posts

Stick with the chrome. Much more durable.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:33 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny's World
Take the crappy looking wrap (IMHO) off your exhaust and jet-coat your pipes black (they might be black already, but I can't tell.) I don't know why people crap up their bikes with that wrap. Don't they realize that **** looks terrible? Only kidding...actually, to be honest I am not kidding. It is in fact, my very humbly offered opinion so flame away if you'd like. Get some sort of black derby, inspection, and points covers for a contrast with your existing chrome primary etc. Otherwise your bike is already a nice mix of black and chrome. I don't know, maybe the triple trees should be black too.
I could not of said it any better, in fact I probably wouldn't have if the guy above didn't get the ball rolling. You're bike looks good, damn good with that paint, but that damn burlap sack you got wrapped around those pipes, NO. I know you probably got it on there to not burn your pants up but I would think either shields or something else would look better. Some guys I think tint or color the wrap so it almost blends into the background. If wrap could be done, and not seen, that would be a possiblity, but it's also not great for the pipes themselves, too much heat kept on the metal, from what I've read.
Make them pipe black, black rocker covers, and maybe that battery cover black. On the other side, either the inner primry/derby cover black or horn/electrical box black. That way you got a nice flow. Again, I mean no disrespect, you got a good looking ride, but I think that mummy wrap color contradicts the white with nothing else on your ride, and looks well, not right.

Alright let's have it, time for me to go to bed anyway.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to trade their black parts for my chrome ones??