Dyna Models Dyna Model Parts Only

Anyone want to trade their black parts for my chrome ones??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarhead08
funny you should mention the plate, that was an hour and a half job that consisted of several bits of metal, a factory licenseplatte bracket bent up to work, a few zip ties and a chrome license plate cover from the local dealer and a light that was already on the side of the scoot. The homemade sidemount plate was on the bike when I purchased it, it fell off about 30 miles down the road, I ziptied it to the bike till I got home, but got pulled over 2 blocks from the house and got a warning ticket. Anyhow after a couple hours of trying to figure out how to not get pulled over I made this one up! LOL It was a chore let me tell you. Id try to paint things but Im not good enough to get the finish I am looking for right now. I just figured id throw out the offer to see if any one was interested or was local. I love the paagan gold as well, besides it I am also thinking of going Tangelo Pearl orange with the black and a small amount of chrome. I have to keep a little to tie in the dbi forward controls.
the texture and wrinkle finish are just a point and shoot kind of affair. To paint texture, you just use a mist paint method. This means you hold the can a foot away and do constant on off with the nozzle till the part is covered. Repeat for 2-3 coats and it will look just like your engine does. If you want a good flat finish paint, use krylon flat black. The nozzle on their cans is awesome. I can paint krylon as good or even better than a gun! Use sem self etching primer and the krylon will stick as good as any paint from a gun, however, it does not resist chemicals(gas mainly) as well as a 2 stage paint. I also think your pipes would look better if you paint the wrap black/ A great paint for the wrap is DEI exhaust paint. It is found next to the exhaust wrap at advance auto parts or most any auto store that carries the DEI wrap. 1 can will do and it is impossible to mess up painting exhaust wrap.
You can find about 50 ads in "the horse" or "Cycle Source" magazines for a good side mount plate for your bike. Some come with a light or are made to accept the light. Google Fabricator Kevin, he makes awesome plate mounts with or without a light and they are not costly at all!

Last edited by rounder; 07-15-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
stng_96
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jarhead, you from marion? I have seen that bike at Black Diamond before, looks good

Old 07-15-2010, 10:13 AM
thetroll
Advanced

Hey man, your scoot looks very slick just like it is - very nice color. And great advice from Rounder.

For you guys raggin on the pipe wrap - you should research exhaust gas flow and density dynamics. wrap ain't for protecting your jeans, it is a major perfomance contributor when it comes to flow inside the pipe. Wrap can be bought in may different colors. For sure it effects the steel density of the pipe over time, interestingly enough it tends to increase the density of stainless steel - there is some trivia for you.

wrap that rascal and ride - troll

Old 07-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

Originally Posted by stng_96
Jarhead, you from marion? I have seen that bike at Black Diamond before, looks good
I live in Mt Vernon now, lived down ther 7 yrs ago for 3 yrs, just bought the bike this weekend.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

send he chrome and some $ my way we will snd back black parts !

Old 07-15-2010, 03:57 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Your bike looks sick. I think some black highlights would look good. Leave some chrome for contrast.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

Right back at you nkauf! Like I said before I dont mind a bit of chrome, just like it to blend a bit better, first major change will be the pipes, then ill go from there.

Old 07-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer

Originally Posted by JRK5892
send he chrome and some $ my way we will snd back black parts !
I have a powder coater a few blocks down from me, hes reasonable but Im looking towards free exchanges or maybe shipping exchanges! LOL hOPEFULLY SOMEONE CLOSE BUY WILL CHIME IN! LOL

Old 07-15-2010, 04:16 PM
stng_96
Road Master

I am pretty close by, exactly which piece are you looking to change

Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outside of the grey wrap, everything looks awesome. If those were blacked or chromed out, it would be perfect.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to trade their black parts for my chrome ones??