Dyna Models Dyna Model Parts Only

2013 Dyna Wide Glide no spark

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Remington.870
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Dyna Wide Glide no spark

I have a 2013 Dyna Wide Glide that wont start. On my way home from work the bike stalled out while coming to a stop. It would start and limp down the road trying to cut out and die every so often. I got it home and started digging into it and found a dead cell in the battery and replaced it. when I got the new battery in I got a code for the crank positioning sensor so that was then replaced and the code cleared. I tried starting it thinking I was done but the bike just sits there and cranks but wont start. I have no spark and when you place the ignition switch to ON the check engine light flashes non stop but only gives me a code for not having my turn signals plugged in because they were removed a year ago but never gave me a code til now. Spark plugs and wires were replaced and I don't know where to go from here. please help I don't want to pay to have it towed to Harley to pay for troublesooting

Old 12-18-2019, 07:05 PM
Draco9936
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dyna wont start..

Originally Posted by Remington.870
I have a 2013 Dyna Wide Glide that wont start. On my way home from work the bike stalled out while coming to a stop. It would start and limp down the road trying to cut out and die every so often. I got it home and started digging into it and found a dead cell in the battery and replaced it. when I got the new battery in I got a code for the crank positioning sensor so that was then replaced and the code cleared. I tried starting it thinking I was done but the bike just sits there and cranks but wont start. I have no spark and when you place the ignition switch to ON the check engine light flashes non stop but only gives me a code for not having my turn signals plugged in because they were removed a year ago but never gave me a code til now. Spark plugs and wires were replaced and I don't know where to go from here. please help I don't want to pay to have it towed to Harley to pay for troublesooting
I had something similar happen on mine , nor exact but worth a look "check the wires"2" down by the oil filter if you have large filter .vibrate and look ok but pulls back put tester on them. Stator wires I believe good luck" .follow up let us know what you found> JB