Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decided to buy a Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:50 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
I have heard that your taxes are out the F'ing door over there too, like 200% or 300%. I don't understand how you all deal with that.
Norway basically kept all their oil wealth in a sovereign wealth fund and so is a very rich country - and with an excellent social consciousness, everybody shares in the wealth. Everybody gets paid extremely well....but then everything costs a lot and taxes are high. It's about $15 for a beer in many places.

Swings & Roundabouts.

Old 09-10-2014 | 10:40 AM
JRCinNH
Intermediate

Is there another dealer that's still a reasonable ride? Go there with your offer. Unless he is owned by the same company, he will beat the offer. Then call the original place. Your best price is dependent on how hard you want to work on the sale. Sometimes a good and close dealer, and your time are worth more than the last few dollars off the price.

Remember that gift cards only cost the dealer about half their face value, but are worth only about 80% their face value to you. You can find 20% discounts online everyday, so 10% accessory discounts are almost worthless.

Old 09-10-2014 | 01:45 PM
ConeMagnet
Advanced

When I bought my Fat Bob new in 2013, all the dealer would throw in was lifetime free use of their bathroom. Last time I was in there to use the bathroom, I got hassled by one of the motorclothes ladies who said that the bathroom was for paying customers only. I thought I'd fix her red wagon when I pulled out my "Free Bathroom Pass" which is really just the salesguy's business card with the words, "This guy can use the bathroom whenever he wants" scrawled on the back. She said that the salesguy doesn't work there anymore so that offer is no longer valid. So I bought a shirt.

Last edited by ConeMagnet; 09-10-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2014 | 03:43 AM
JayOhh
Tourer

Originally Posted by ConeMagnet
When I bought my Fat Bob new in 2013, all the dealer would throw in was lifetime free use of their bathroom. Last time I was in there to use the bathroom, I got hassled by one of the motorclothes ladies who said that the bathroom was for paying customers only. I thought I'd fix her red wagon when I pulled out my "Free Bathroom Pass" which is really just the salesguy's business card with the words, "This guy can use the bathroom whenever he wants" scrawled on the back. She said that the salesguy doesn't work there anymore so that offer is no longer valid. So I bought a shirt.

Old 09-11-2014 | 08:48 AM
the_cruz
Intermediate

I'm with others on waiting until the dealerships slash the prices on the 2014. My local dealership normally takes $2500-$3000 grand of msrp right off the bat. This past winter I saw a guy riding a brand new Street Bob on one of our coldest ice-on-the-ground days. I thought the guy was nuts... then I saw the smile on his face and just knew he got a hell of a deal on it.

Old 09-11-2014 | 10:14 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

I am in the process of trading my '12 FXDC in on a '14 Fat Bob as we speak...my dealer doesn't have what I want on their showroom so he's trying to work out a dealer trade with another dealer to get me an Amber Whiskey one.

Already done the deal though & put money down. Waiting on a phone call that they have it & are going to get it.

They took $2,500 off the new Fat Bob & are giving me 20% off any accessories, parts & labor for first 30 days...which I'm taking full advantage of.

Basically I traded a '12 FXDC with 9k on the clock for a new '14 FXDF for $4,500 difference.

When they get it there, I'm going to do about $2,500 of stuff to it before I ever take possession...pipe, intake, cams, tuner, clutch spring, shield, sissy bar, & have to broke in on the dyno & tuned by their engine builder.