Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankcase Breather Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 11:10 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

We have a large variety of external breather systems and components, you can see them at this LINK

Everything from Outlaw Breather Bolts to various hose and filter systems.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:34 AM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took the bike out for about 150 miles on Sunday and when I stopped to fuel up, I checked inside and I had a steady stream of foamy oil from the front breather and a little spottyness by the rear one.

I'm to the point where I'm not just worried about the oil itself coming out, I'm just really curious as to "WHY" it's doing it.
Sure, getting an external breather system in will stop part of the problem, but it seems like more of a band aid.

I put the newer AC on right before I took the bike in for my 1k mile service. Could the dealer have put something back incorrectly? Pinched a gasket somewhere? IDK

The bike still runs like a champ, it's just driving me nuts.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:37 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

Originally Posted by JDisME
Took the bike out for about 150 miles on Sunday and when I stopped to fuel up, I checked inside and I had a steady stream of foamy oil from the front breather and a little spottyness by the rear one.

I'm to the point where I'm not just worried about the oil itself coming out, I'm just really curious as to "WHY" it's doing it.
Sure, getting an external breather system in will stop part of the problem, but it seems like more of a band aid.

I put the newer AC on right before I took the bike in for my 1k mile service. Could the dealer have put something back incorrectly? Pinched a gasket somewhere? IDK

The bike still runs like a champ, it's just driving me nuts.
Venting to the inside, like the air cleaners you're talking about is a band-aid that most use to meet the EPA regulations.

This is what happens to the inside of an engine when you vent internally. The better your air cleaner is at not leaking any oil, the more goes into your combustion chambers, sacrificing performance and longevity of the engine.

This is what the inside looks like when you run an engine properly (like they all were before the EPA stuck their nose in) with venting the oxygen depleted hot oily air externally.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:42 PM
tonymontanna1983
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Just did my 2011 SG and was wondering: Will I have to retune the motor? 103" with a stage one (open air cleaner, Rineharts, PCV)

Old 07-21-2015, 06:56 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983
Just did my 2011 SG and was wondering: Will I have to retune the motor? 103" with a stage one (open air cleaner, Rineharts, PCV)
I can't imagine how venting your crankcase gasses to atmosphere would cause you any issues or problems that would require any sort of a retune, ride hard and enjoy the fact you're no longer puking that nasty crap back in to your intake

Old 07-21-2015, 08:18 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Breathing to atmosphere has no effect or offset of your tune. Just keeps the intake and combustion chambers cleaner and less prone to carbon buildup. I just installed a 636v and get a tad bit of mist on side of battery cover. I don't see it happening long term.

Old 09-27-2021, 01:36 PM
Ghostduck
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Breathing to atmosphere has no effect or offset of your tune. Just keeps the intake and combustion chambers cleaner and less prone to carbon buildup. I just installed a 636v and get a tad bit of mist on side of battery cover. I don't see it happening long term.

I've been wondering about the 636v intake. But what I'm really wondering about is that front fender on your Wide Glide. What brand is it and/or where did you get it... Sorry its off topic.