Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crankcase Breather Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:39 PM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I made my own

Attached Thumbnails Crankcase Breather Kit?-breather-kit.jpg   Crankcase Breather Kit?-breather-kit..jpg  
Old 09-10-2014, 01:02 PM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fwb35
I made my own

It doesn't look like the a/c you're using uses an aftermarket back plate with extensions for the breather bolts. Mine has that.

If this type of issue happens a lot when open air cleaners are used, I'm surprised these companies don't make direct bolt on set ups for their air cleaners.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:55 PM
07_Dyna
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

S&S makes several setups. They're listed with their air cleaners

Old 09-10-2014, 02:02 PM
JDisME
Tourer

Originally Posted by 07_Dyna
S&S makes several setups. They're listed with their air cleaners
Yea, I was thinking about what I wrote after I posted it, haha.

DK Customs does too. Looks like I found one of the brands that doesn't. *facepalm

Old 09-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Dex07FXD
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

DK Customs does too. Looks like I found one of the brands that doesn't. *facepalm[/QUOTE]
\
Take the banjo fittings and washers, measure the thickness of them and have someone(machinist) reduce the length of the Figure spacers by that amount. That will let everything bolt up, after that, the machinist just needs to drill axially through a pair of bolts and then cross drill in the location where the center of the banjo fitting sits. If you were here, I could do it for you.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:16 PM
07_Dyna
Cruiser

I made my own
Does any oil drip out of your setup? Looks good

Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 AM
JDisME
Tourer

For the hell of it, I emailed Figure Machine regarding the issue I am having, to see if maybe they were prepared for situations like this.

I received a response last night, pointing me to a link to purchase their Rain Sock that fits my filter.........

Old 09-11-2014, 10:07 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_Dyna
Does any oil drip out of your setup? Looks good

No oil has come out of my breather, but I do clean it when I do an oil change. I used rubber groments to fill the back plate holes, the breather was about $10, I had everything else in the garage.

Attached Thumbnails Crankcase Breather Kit?-breather-kit.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 07:35 PM
07_Dyna
Cruiser

No oil has come out of my breather, but I do clean it when I do an oil change. I used rubber groments to fill the back plate holes, the breather was about $10, I had everything else in the garage.
Hey - sorry to be buggin you - lol - but are those bajo bolts that you have the hoses attached to stock? If so, I think you have done this right and I intend to do the same - if I can find that bitchin steel braded hose!

You could be noble (rofl) and share your sources for the steel braded hose and the little filter...?

Old 09-12-2014, 07:45 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Copied and pasted my solution from one of the many threads about crankcase breather venting.

This is what I came up with after being unable to find any system that would work with a SE stage one backplate, I went with dual hoses parallel to bottom of rocker box covers then down to hidden catch can in cowbell. Marine shrink wrap over fittings tapped into backplate really cleaned it up.

This is why. I didn't have a lot of oil drippng, But enough to make a mess on cam cover,pipes,side cover,and front of saddle bags if I didn't clean the filter every week or so. It looks like this because the moisture and oil are being shaken like a paint mixer in the cowbell. Glad this gunk isn't going in my intake.

Quick Reply: Crankcase Breather Kit?