Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDX Seat Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 09:27 AM
ArcaneEdge
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXDX Seat Help

Ok so I love posting on here and getting feedback. Had great success so far. I have a 99 FXDX and I am thinking about getting a new seat for it. Currently it still has the stock seat on it and I have no major complains about it besides I want a new one to go with all the new mods and paint job I put into the bike. Looking around and I think I want to get a LePera seat, there are just so many styles I don't know which one I should get, follow link below:

LePera Dyna Seat

So my question is which one I should get? Not looking to lower myself any or move myself forward. I do want a passenger seat so bare bones or solo is out. So looking at the Silhouette mostly but there is Silhouette, 2UP Silhouette and Silhouette Deluxe and the Silhouette Up Front. I know the upfront moves the rider 3" closer to the handlebars but mostly asking for peoples opinion on which one I should get. There is also the Daytona Sport Smooth that I see as well.

Last edited by ArcaneEdge; 08-24-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:22 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can still get the Bare Bones, but to ride two up you'll also need to purchase the pillion that matches up with the Bare Bones. This is the one for your bike: http://www.lepera.com/seat_pgs/v3_Dy...l.php?SEATID=2

Old 08-24-2014, 11:52 AM
ArcaneEdge
Intermediate

I know I can get a pillion but I wasn't interested in getting that. Which seat in general would you recommend from them?

Old 08-24-2014, 12:53 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ArcaneEdge
I know I can get a pillion but I wasn't interested in getting that. Which seat in general would you recommend from them?

Oh, I see... I was supposed to psychically know that you didn't want a pillion.

In your original post you wrote: "I do want a passenger seat so bare bones or solo is out." Your original post makes no mention of you not wanting a pillion. All I did was point out that the use of a Bare Bones does not necessarily exclude having a passenger seat.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Jackpoticorn
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got the Silhouette for my 2005 FXDL. Looks amazing. Fits great. BUT. Way less comfortable than stock. Lowers you about 1", sits you back about 1.5"...not a big deal unless you're short like me. Feel like I have to stretch my legs to reach my forwards now. It's fine for around town and looks the B@LLS but I wouldn't recommend it for longer rides.

Stretches back across the rear fender but even the girl at the Le Pera shop said "don't put a passenger on this thing for longer than a 10 minute ride or she'll break up with you"

Old 08-24-2014, 01:19 PM
ArcaneEdge
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmb79
Oh, I see... I was supposed to psychically know that you didn't want a pillion.

In your original post you wrote: "I do want a passenger seat so bare bones or solo is out." Your original post makes no mention of you not wanting a pillion. All I did was point out that the use of a Bare Bones does not necessarily exclude having a passenger seat.
Sorry if I did not explain myself more. By saying I do want a passenger seat so barebones or solo is out I was implying that I did not want a pillion but thank you for your input.

Originally Posted by Jackpoticorn
Just got the Silhouette for my 2005 FXDL. Looks amazing. Fits great. BUT. Way less comfortable than stock. Lowers you about 1", sits you back about 1.5"...not a big deal unless you're short like me. Feel like I have to stretch my legs to reach my forwards now. It's fine for around town and looks the B@LLS but I wouldn't recommend it for longer rides.

Stretches back across the rear fender but even the girl at the Le Pera shop said "don't put a passenger on this thing for longer than a 10 minute ride or she'll break up with you"
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for. I am 5'7 myself so not tall either so that is important to me. I don't have forward controls though, I have mid controls so maybe that wouldn't be a problem for me however I did not want to lower me at all. Have you seen the Daytona Smooth or 2Up Daytona Smooth? Those look to have more padding for the passenger. I might just call since I don't have a store near me like you do, IDK.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Daytona 2 up. My wife likes it, she says it's more comfortable than the HD Badlander I had before. I like it because it seems to set me back a little further and support my lower back a little bit. I have mids and it works well. After 500+ miles I can actually still walk, whereas with the Badlander I was sore for days.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:36 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

I don't want to hijack but that is my issue also. I really like the look of the barebones or sihloutte but I don't want to sit back even 1 " or go lower really. With my stock seat I already feel like I slide back some.

The Daytona 2UP was my choice for when I ride 2 up.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:59 PM
ArcaneEdge
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Odelay
I have a Daytona 2 up. My wife likes it, she says it's more comfortable than the HD Badlander I had before. I like it because it seems to set me back a little further and support my lower back a little bit. I have mids and it works well. After 500+ miles I can actually still walk, whereas with the Badlander I was sore for days.
That's great to know. I was also looking at the HD Badlander which looks like the Silhouette so appreciate the feed back. And lower back support is important to me so that might be the winner. It doesn't look like it will have you drop down much if any. Looks like good padding. Might order that and my solo bag this week.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:32 PM
ArcaneEdge
Intermediate

Ok so I called to place the order with LePera on the Daytona 2 Up and I was not aware you can add a gel insert for $87 I believe the rep said. Does anyone have any recommendation on that? I know I had a gel insert on Suzuki GSXR1000 and ended up not liking it. Thoughts?

Quick Reply: FXDX Seat Help