Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new model PC 3 EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:21 AM
dracos
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new model PC 3 EX

I am getting ready to buy a PC 3 for my 06 WG and I noticed on the DynoJet web site that they have a new model for street bikes. Does anybody know what the difference is between the EX model and the regular PC 3 ? Maybe it uses the O2 sensors so newer models are street legal, don't know.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: new model PC 3 EX

ORIGINAL: dracos

I am getting ready to buy a PC 3 for my 06 WG and I noticed on the DynoJet web site that they have a new model for street bikes. Does anybody know what the difference is between the EX model and the regular PC 3 ? Maybe it uses the O2 sensors so newer models are street legal, don't know.
From the PowerCommander website:

About the New Power Commander III EX
[/align] We are pleased to announce the latest edition to the Power Commander family, the Power Commander III EX.

The PCIII EX offers virtually the same tuning functionality as our “race only” Power Commander line,
while at the same time complying with the California ARB regulations.

On 2007 Harley-Davidson (and the 2006 Dyna) the PCIII EX interfaces with the bikes’ stock 02 sensors
to provide optimal fuel economy. Additionally, it allows fuel mapping capability (both fuel and timing)
at higher RPM and throttle opening for maximum horsepower and torque.

[/align] Map Compatability
[/align] The PCII EX is compatible with our patented Tuning Link Software. Custom maps can be developed
in much the same way as the “race only” version. Maps made for the “race only” PCIII can be loaded
into the PCIII EX and are automatically converted to the proper format.

[/align] Harley Davidson Specific Features
[/align] Harley-Davidson motorcycles are unique and so is the Power Commander for them. Not only does
the PCIII EX for HD applications offer full fuel adjustability (+/-50%, it also incorporates a built-in
ignition module. Ignition timing changes of up to +4 /- 10 degrees from stock can be made.

Additionally, the unit includes our Rev X-tend features that allow the user to increase the stock
rev limiter to 6, 200 rpm without having to take the bike to a dealer for an expensive ECU update.

Like the rest of the Power Commander line, the PCIII EX for Harley-Davidson motorcycles can map
each cylinder for maximum performance regardless of the combination of parts being used.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I just read about the new PC "EX". It seemes to be an "EPA friendly" controller that doesn't allow you to do any kind of re-mapping of the low speed and midrange fuel curves (sadly, this is where all your hp gains are mostly noticed). Glad I have the "old" PC III unit!!

Old 09-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PCIII EX = lame EPA Bullsh*t. Get the 'regular' PCIII USB model and a good dyno run and you'll never question your decision.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
ClarkFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, anything EPA/california legal is bad for power.