Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well,..... i went and done it

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:47 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Default RE: well,..... i went and done it

ORIGINAL: Rauzer

ORIGINAL: Leonc69

Hi,
I am new here but I came with a question hoping to get some help with. I have an 07 softail custom and I recently added a 2' lift "kit" on the tank to give it more of the chopper look. My bike seems to ride fine and looks great but I was told by the dealer that by lifting the tank I am in danger of burning out the EFI fuel pump inside the tank. Now i'm confused, worried and upset because I love how my bike looks.
Any ideas or advise you can give to help?

Thanks!
Leon.
WOW! Hella thread-jack...lol
So...so how do I make my pictures smaller?

wew!!

Old 04-08-2007 | 11:51 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Leonc69

Hi,
I am new here but I came with a question hoping to get some help with. I have an 07 softail custom and I recently added a 2' lift "kit" on the tank to give it more of the chopper look. My bike seems to ride fine and looks great but I was told by the dealer that by lifting the tank I am in danger of burning out the EFI fuel pump inside the tank. Now i'm confused, worried and upset because I love how my bike looks.
Any ideas or advise you can give to help?

Thanks!
Leon.
Is this guy serious? Maybe one of the most off the wall hijackings of all time! How do you spell rub?

Old 04-09-2007 | 12:00 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer

street glide

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:14 PM
jmbear328
|
Road Warrior

LOL,.yeah im still sctartching my head on this post,................

John

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:24 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

I'm soooo confused...[sm=scared09.gif] ... Are we baggin it? Or lifting it?? Are my pics too big??

Old 04-09-2007 | 03:08 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master

How do I start my bike I tried kicking it but all it did was make my foot sore. My neighbor told me it was apush start and I've been pushing it for like 2 days and still nothings happend. BTW I'm lost will one of you nice gentlemen show me the way home.

Old 04-09-2007 | 03:34 PM
98fxd
Tourer

give me a break! Leon just doesn't know how the forums work... maybe you guys wrote the code for the first BBS back in the 80's, but not everyone is computer savy as you badasses. His dealer put a crazy thought in his head and he came to us to tell him if its for real. We should have nicely directed him to his own post on the forum. anyway just because he wants a tank lift doesn't mean he doesn't know anything about his bike or that he's a rub. a lot of guys on this forum have done tank lifts, guess they are all posers.

Anyway... roadglide for my money...although im 6'-2" aswell and i have done plenty of long trips on a dyna, but they were solo.

Old 04-09-2007 | 11:27 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 98fxd

give me a break! Leon just doesn't know how the forums work...
I think everyone knows that this guy doesn't know how the forums work..at least I hope they do. I didn't see any posts that were nasty...everybody was just busting his ***** a little. That's what happens to newbies on message boards. On some boards it would be much uglier. It's all good...one day, Leon will be doing the same thing...or maybe he won't...especially if he can't get that coffee mug out of the cd rom drive

Todd

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:37 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

My opinion....Get an Ultra, and have the 103 kit installed along with tuning and an aircleaner and mufflers/pipes before taking her home!

CB communication is a nice thing to have with your wife, and it sounds like your doing heavy touring now....Ultra is the way to go, IMHO.

the 103 is necessary with this setup, imho

Joe
[&:]

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:42 AM
risdo
Road Captain

This is why I'm glad my wife doesn't ride...

Quick Reply: well,..... i went and done it