Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well,..... i went and done it

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:30 AM
jmbear328
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: well,..... i went and done it

Well,... I had tried my best at turning my Dyna into a touring bike, but in the end it was just too difficult for a guy who is 6ft2in and a wife who is 6ft. We always felt a lil cramped on the Dyna and on really long hauls it just didnt have the comfort factor that I was needing. I had riding on a long trip and then being just totally wore out when I get there. And yes,..... yall are right,.... I already miss my Dyna. And as far as bikes that I'm considering: would be the Road Kings because of the looks, Road Glide because of the fairing and sleeker looks, but I do like all the creature comforts provided by the Electra Glides.

Jim,.....oops,........ I mean John

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:57 AM
Trotter
Banned

"FLHX" nothing like it. Worth every Extra penny...

Old 04-07-2007 | 12:10 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Sir......excuse me but you are now required to exit the Dyna section of the forum.......you are however, allowed in the touring section with all the other old fogies......please take a #2 pencil to write your posts on post it notes and mail them in because most of the old geezers don't know how to use a computer. I certainly hope your "new" bike has a carburetor.......

Old 04-07-2007 | 08:11 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: KBFXDLI

Sir......excuse me but you are now required to exit the Dyna section of the forum.......you are however, allowed in the touring section with all the other old fogies......please take a #2 pencil to write your posts on post it notes and mail them in because most of the old geezers don't know how to use a computer. I certainly hope your "new" bike has a carburetor.......
yeah...and he has to make sure to ask "how to resize pictures"...even though there's probably about 10,000 threads and a sticky which answers that question

Jmbear - I think it's a good move...only problem I have with it is, I found the baggers to be more cramped than my wide glide. I think people generally think that the baggers are big bikes...I tend to not think so as much...at your height, you may need to see if you can extend those controls/floorboards. Good luck with the sale....get a street glide..love those things

Todd

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:15 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: veniculum

...only problem I have with it is, I found the baggers to be more cramped than my wide glide. I think people generally think that the baggers are big bikes...I tend to not think so as much...at your height, you may need to see if you can extend those controls/floorboards. Good luck with the sale....get a street glide..love those things

Todd
Todd -

I tend to agree.
Was at the stealer on Thurs.
Sat on ALL of the bikes (even saw my first live St. Bob - I guess I understand the attraction!).

I'm 6'5" - and it still keeps coming back WG - every time........

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:23 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member

For long haul road trips there's nothing like the FLH series in the Harley line-up. I've had a bunch of them, three Electra-Glides and a Road Glide. Also had a Road King and while I'm now on a Bob, it's basically for two reasons:

1. My riding is very little long haul anymore.
2. I've got a metric bagger when I've got lots of miles to cover.

As much as I like the Dyna, if I oculd have just one bike, it owuld be one of the Harley FLH models. Enjoy!

Old 04-07-2007 | 09:34 PM
buckweet
Road Captain

keep your super-glide, and try out a 01'-06 goldwing,

then you'll have the best of both.

weet

Old 04-08-2007 | 12:21 AM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Luke has been seduced by the darkside, much like his father before him.

Good luck with your retirement. Oh, wait your not old yet, just upgrading to it.

Old 04-08-2007 | 04:05 AM
Leonc69
Intermediate

Hi,
I am new here but I came with a question hoping to get some help with. I have an 07 softail custom and I recently added a 2' lift "kit" on the tank to give it more of the chopper look. My bike seems to ride fine and looks great but I was told by the dealer that by lifting the tank I am in danger of burning out the EFI fuel pump inside the tank. Now i'm confused, worried and upset because I love how my bike looks.
Any ideas or advise you can give to help?

Thanks!
Leon.

Old 04-08-2007 | 08:27 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Leonc69

Hi,
I am new here but I came with a question hoping to get some help with. I have an 07 softail custom and I recently added a 2' lift "kit" on the tank to give it more of the chopper look. My bike seems to ride fine and looks great but I was told by the dealer that by lifting the tank I am in danger of burning out the EFI fuel pump inside the tank. Now i'm confused, worried and upset because I love how my bike looks.
Any ideas or advise you can give to help?

Thanks!
Leon.
WOW! Hella thread-jack...lol

I've never tried one of the touring bikes, but have a friend with a Road King, looks awfully comfy...

Quick Reply: well,..... i went and done it