Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

super-glide with speedo on bar's ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
cadillac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: super-glide with speedo on bar's ?

Here is a pretty good link to hp figures for not only stock Harleys but with the different configs from mild to wild. The more I look at it, the more I see.

Harley HP

Bob

Old 04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I've always thought they should have put the wideglide tank and console setup on ALL the DYNA's....I HATE my bar mounted speedo.....really limits bar choices, and doesn't look clean.

Joe
[&:]

Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about this setup. From another post, but it is the setup for the XR1200 prototype, available only in Europe. I like it. However, I would keep my speedo and use a mini tach to keep up with my RPMs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15520/5C39B2C313AB4DF7A037178CD5BD888E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

double tap

Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2BKFXDL

Weet: These numbers are pretty accuratefrom what I can remember....this is off the top of my head though.

A stock TC 88 produces roughly 58 hp and 70 ft/lbs of torque.

A stock TC96 makes about 68hp and 81-83 ft/lbs of torque on the Dyna and Softtail bikes. These numbers do vary a bit depending on model.

A stage 1 TC96 should give something like 81hp and 96 ft/lbs torque in the Dynas and Softails. Good numbers!

For some basic comparison, the numbers on my TC88 LowRider with Stage 1, BSS pipes and a modified 44mmCV carb give me hp and torque numbers very comparable to the Stage 1 TC 96.....a bit shy of each but close enough for me.

So according to what I see and know a Stage 1/lightly modified TC 88 gives better numbers than a stock TC96. I have done side by side street comparisons of my bike to stock TC96 and I eat em' at will. Makes sense.

A Stage 1/lightly modified TC 88 lags behind a bit when compared to a Stage 1/lightly modified TC96....

All depends on what you do to your bike.
original: glide05

There is no way a Stage 1 TC88 produces even close to 96 ft-lbs of torque! Maybe 78-80 ft-lbs

Nope...you are incorrect. With the right carb work, head work and the right cam you can crank out numbers almost exactly to what I specified.....lowish80's on hp and low-mid 90's on torque.

I said the numbers are close....never said identical or better.

The 96 is a great motor.....6 speed is very nice but much can be done with the 88.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2BKFXDL,

Ok - this may be correct - I don't know. However - you did not mention any cam work in the previous post. Without cam work I'm still guessing that torque in the low 80s is about what to expect, which is more than a bit shy of 96 ft-lbs.

BTW - like your FXDL a lot. Just put BSS on my ride due to positive feedback, including yours. So far I like em a lot - but with the crap weather here I've only been able to ride a few miles since I put em on last Friday.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

You're right.......I jacked that up by failing to put the cam work part in....and you're right from what I can gather.....low 80's....well shy of 96.

Thanks on the bike.......it is my pride and joy I guess you could say......fI love her dearly. Just have a hard time explaiining to my wife why there is always the need for more power.....my wife is a gear head but we differ in thinking the Dyna has enough scoot already. More more more ha.

I think the BSS are awesome........I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

Crap weather here also......went from upper 80's to freezing, snow, temps in the teens, then lastnight storms and hail.

I think maybe I should become a weather man instead.......can't ride anyway, shoulder surgery won't let me until maybe....maybe the end of May.

Sorry for the failure to add pertinent info.

Take care bro.!

edited to say:

I love that blue.....Cobalt?....anyhow, that is a beautiful color.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
littlebike
Banned

Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: risdo

It's on the bars, where it's supposed to be.

Never did like 'em on the tank. Never will... That goes for the tach, too.

In fact, that aircraft-style fuel filler on the Super Glide is da bomb! One of my favorite things about my SG...

I agree, but 1 better........... my speedo is mounted straight up, in the face.
I don't like it hanging over the front ender.

To each his own......... I think the speedo looks nice on the tank, but one of the few things I didn't like about the Street Bob.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 PM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dlstanf2

However, I would keep my speedo and use a mini tach to keep up with my RPMs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15520/5C39B2C313AB4DF7A037178CD5BD888E.jpg[/IMG]
Like this?

Oh, and cadman311, don't think dirtbike.... think of it as a big flat-tracker. That's what I like about it...

Quick Reply: super-glide with speedo on bar's ?