Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wobbles

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014 | 07:21 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master

U didn't say what kind of dyna you have unless I mis read. My wide glide I've learned is very sensitive to tire pressure. A few pounds under inflated it will wobble at low speed but no high speed wobble.

Old 07-14-2014 | 05:38 PM
cerelious
|
Tourer

Sorry super glide custom (07) just got back from the shop that did the job, they check the tire and balance (half ounce off) but that wasn't it. The shop said that it doesn't make sense since everything on the bike is in spec except the steering. That was the only thing that they found that isn't "right" he said it's to tight and that the neck bearings might have gone bad and that that migot be the issue. Thoughts? I have never done the neck before, what am I getting into? I'm a quick learner and fairly handy

Old 07-14-2014 | 05:39 PM
cerelious
|
Tourer

Also, this is a high speed issue, at low speeds it feels just fine

Old 07-14-2014 | 09:26 PM
fatmanontwowheels
Tourer

Not sure about the too tight. I have always adjusted the bearings to the tight side of the fall away. I personally don't think they were too tight to the point of failure. Maybe check your fall away and see where it lands. IMO it still sounds like a tire issue. What brand did they put on?

Old 07-14-2014 | 10:13 PM
cerelious
|
Tourer

I got the Metzler ME 880 Marathon. At slow speeds (60 and below) in rides like it did before, except with these Metzler I can corner like a freaking champion!!

I decided to take a more objective ride and when it starts wobbling at speeds, it's almost like I hit a giant tar snake, like it wants traction, except it's scary, like I think to my self, so this is how I wreck. Back off the throttle and let it get to about 60 or 55 and it stops but get back up to speed and it comes back

Old 07-14-2014 | 10:33 PM
Mikula
Tourer

so did you put it on a jack and run it up to the speed you get the wobble? that will at least narrow it down if it is front or rear

Old 07-15-2014 | 01:34 AM
cerelious
|
Tourer

That's tomorrow's project. To truly determine where it is.

Old 07-15-2014 | 05:16 AM
Sparra
Tourer

Be careful if you run it at high speed on the jack that it doesn't vibrate off...

Old 07-15-2014 | 11:27 AM
fatmanontwowheels
Tourer

Did anyone from the shop test ride it to see if they can feel it too? Also check to make sure they got the balance dots on the tire ( should be two red paint dots ) aligned with the valve stem ( just another thing to eliminate ). Are you running spokes or mags, dont believe I saw where that was mentioned.

Old 07-15-2014 | 12:07 PM
cerelious
|
Tourer

Yeah the guy at the shop felt it, he looked scared (lol it is scary) running spokes, all spokes are tight to spec, pressures are good. Wheel is balanced, aligned and straight. I will update you guys when I run it on the jack (I will be careful)

Quick Reply: wobbles