Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quiet Baffles for V&H HS Straighshot Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 PM
dawg8037
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quiet Baffles for V&H HS Straighshot Slip-ons

This weekend, I installed my Fuelpak (what a pain in the a$$), V&H slip-ons and K&N Air Cleaner on my '07 FXDB. I love the way my bike performs and sounds now, but I'm a little concerned that it might be too loud. What are your opinions of the slip-ons w/o the "quiet baffles"...are they too loud? I'm considering the baffles, but not at the risk of losing HP. Thanks!!

Old 04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Quiet Baffles for V&H HS Straighshot Slip-ons

I have heard that the quiet baffles will produce a few less decibles less noiseandpossibly a deeper tone to the pipes. I don't think that you would lose any noticable difference in HP, but if you put your bike on a dyno you would see slightly less HP.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:45 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

I have the slip-ons with the quiet baffles. Sounds great and runs great. No problems. They are not quiet when you jump on it.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

On the Vance and Hines website I saw where the baffles only reduce noise by 2 - 3 db. Hardly worth the trouble.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:25 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

They were worth my trouble. I like them. You can take the word from the website or find a bike with them on and listen to them.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:36 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

I would love to get a set off Big Shot pipes for my bike. But in my part of the world if your bike won't pass a max 94 db noise test you get parked until it will pass. That's why I think 2 - 3 db's isn't worth the effort.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 AM
irlm1
Cruiser

i can agree with this. i have the quite baffles, and a buddy has the standard ones. theres a big difference between the 2. i seen the website and at the timeconsidered not bothering to buy them, but whether its the effect of the tone or what i'm not sure, but i estimatemysound to seem to be at75% volume as compared to the standard v&H baffle.

ORIGINAL: sjcope13

They were worth my trouble. I like them. You can take the word from the website or find a bike with them on and listen to them.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:43 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The quiet baffles are not quiet. What they do very well is take away the slight tinniness and harshness a straight pipe creates (the standard baffle is pretty much a straight pipe). I've just installed them after a month of no baffles and love the sound ... deeper and more 'Harley-like' ... I recommend them.
Mat

Old 04-03-2007, 05:24 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: matkiwi

I've just installed them after a month of no baffles and love the sound ... deeper and more 'Harley-like' ... I recommend them.
Mat
Mat,
I've pretty much decided to do the same thing now. Are the 'quiet baffles' an install in-situ do or do you have to take off the mufflers and disasemblethem to install...??

G.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:59 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GeeRam

ORIGINAL: matkiwi

I've just installed them after a month of no baffles and love the sound ... deeper and more 'Harley-like' ... I recommend them.
Mat
Mat,
I've pretty much decided to do the same thing now. Are the 'quiet baffles' an install in-situ do or do you have to take off the mufflers and disasemblethem to install...??
G.
You need to take the heat covers off only to get at the screw at the back of the pipe. The baffle (yes there is one in there !) slides out pretty easily and the new ones slide in, a 10min job ... take care with the fibreglass wrap catching ... I kinda twisted it in which worked well ... and wear gloves as the fibreglass is a beggar if u rub your eyes after handling it ...