Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear turn signal removal...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 04:44 PM
HoolyNI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear turn signal removal...

Hello All,

Need a bit of advice. I attempted to remove my sissy bar and rack tonight, but couldn't get the turn signal and stalk removed, when i turned the nut inside the fender the entire stalk moved with it.....do i need to clamp the stalk with a pair of vice grips or similar to get the nut removed?

Also in the process that particular turn signal has stopped working, its not the bulb because i tried another bulb so presumably i've twisted one of the connections loose inside the housing, how do i get in there to check the connections?

Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by HoolyNI
Need a bit of advice. I attempted to remove my sissy bar and rack tonight, but couldn't get the turn signal and stalk removed, when i turned the nut inside the fender the entire stalk moved with it.....

do i need to clamp the stalk with a pair of vice grips or similar to get the nut removed?
my guess is - yes
Also in the process that particular turn signal has stopped working, its not the bulb because i tried another bulb so presumably i've twisted one of the connections loose inside the housing, how do i get in there to check the connections?

Old 06-19-2014, 01:19 AM
ShiftyCapone
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello All,

Need a bit of advice. I attempted to remove my sissy bar and rack tonight, but couldn't get the turn signal and stalk removed, when i turned the nut inside the fender the entire stalk moved with it.....do i need to clamp the stalk with a pair of vice grips or similar to get the nut removed?

Year? Model?

You probably twisted all the wires up and broke a connection loose. You should be able to hold the stalk by hand and break the but loose with a socket. Then disconnect the wires from under the seat and pull everything out. Disassemble and find out what you broke....

Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a look under the rear fender and you will see what you need to do......

Old 06-19-2014, 05:22 PM
HoolyNI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had twisted the bulb contact out of its plastic housing :-] thankfully no broken wires...and I got the nut loose simply by gripping the indicator.

Have an 06 FXDCI with an aftermarket sissy-bar and rack fitted, presumably as they are aftemarket I should be able to remove them safely??