Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Peg Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Litzner
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Peg Recommendations?

I have recently acquired a 05 Dyna Wide Glide, and after a bit of driving (600 miles) I have begun to tweak things to make it fit me better. I am about 6'4" 300Lbs, so I find the bike to be a little tight and soft for me.

First, I cranked up the rear shocks, which seemed to make the bike more comfortable for me, and felt like it turned better.

Second, I adjusted the ape hangers, and pushed them away from me a bit, now they are just slightly more forward then the forks, and a bit higher. Now I don't lean as far back in the saddle, which seems to have helpds alot with tailbone pain, and now since I am not always leaning back all the time, it is much easier to lean my upper body weight forward and into the inside in the corners.

Third and why I am here, I am looking to make some adjustments on the foot controls. Because my legs are a little cramped, the brake pedal is closer to me then the bottom of my boot on the peg. So I keep my foot off the the side of the rear brake, and move it up and over as needed. I looked for an adjustment to bring the pedal down\forward, but the only thing I could find appears to be already down as far as it could go (some threading on the back of the rear brake rod).

So what do you guys recommend to resolve this? New brake pedal that is a bit forward? Getting a extension for the foot controls? Both? Or any other ideas? Included parts that you believe that if possible.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:14 AM
jangler14
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have stock forward controls on the bike then maybe extended forwards would help a bit.
http://jbrake.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=12
JayBrake claims on these: "2000 & up controls extend foot reach 2 3/8” forward and ½” lower compared to stock."

I have mid controls myself and keep my foot off the brake pedal and move it as needed to use the brake. If I left my foot over top the brake pedal it would put my foot at a steep upward angle that would wear on me.

Hope some of this helps a bit.